For Our Future (“FOF”) and For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”) are allied organizations together seeking a Deputy Field Director to execute the statewide field plan, chiefly by supervising the day to day operations of the Paid Canvass, and supervising the Regional Deputy Field Directors and Lead Organizers. This is a full-time position with benefits & competitive pay that lasts from February 2018 through at least December 31, 2018. Salary commensurate with experience.
FOF is a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that aims to win elections and regain political power. FOFAF is a non-profit “social welfare” organization that aims to advance a progressive legislative and policy agenda. Together they work to build permanent progressive power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on issues. FOF/FOFAF were founded in 2016 by a coalition of groups on the cutting edge of political action, including NextGen America, labor unions representing a cross-section of working families, and allied progressive organizations. In 2016, we invested $60 million toward building the foundation and continued our efforts organizing and engaging communities in 2017. FOF and FOFAF plan to expand and continue their unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020. For Our Future is on the ground, with infrastructure and staff already working in Florida, Michigan, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.
The Deputy Field Director reports directly to the Field Director. The position is based in Madison, Wisconsin. Some statewide travel is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a statewide team of more than 60+ Organizers and Canvassers
- Set daily priorities and assigns goals, metrics, and tasks
- Ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met and exceeded
- Ensure that accurate and timely reports are submitted for each region
- Monitor metrics within each assigned region including knocks per shifts, flake rate, completion rate, confirmation rate; implement rigorous systems to meet assigned goals associated with these metrics
- Champion relationship-based and paid canvass approaches to organizing
- Work with organizational leadership to recruit, hire, and onboard new staff
- Assist with training and staff development
- Other field-related duties, as needed
- At least three cycles of competitive field experience
- Canvass management experience required
- Strong knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN
- Basic computer literacy and database skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Some familiarity with relationship-based organizing, leadership development, and team building
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast paced, metrics-driven work environment
- Must have reliable access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects
- Strong coaching skills and abilities
- Strong problem solving with action-oriented decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully relate to voters and volunteers from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Winning mentality
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To apply, please email a resume and three professional references (names and phone numbers only) to the site below.