For Our Future and For Our Future Action Fund are seeking a Deputy National Training Director to support and help direct a robust state-driven training program. This program will include leadership development, organizational management, and a curriculum to share best practices for high-quality, data-driven field and communications programs. Through this program, FOF hopes to provide trainings for: 1) Community-Based Organizations; 2) Local Activists & Leaders; 3) Communicators & Influencers; and 4) FOF Staff.
The Deputy Training Director will work with the Training Director to design, build and manage a training program, to be executed by state and national staff. The Deputy Training Director will work with leadership to craft state-specific training plans and programming to achieve organizational goals. The Deputy Training Director will also serve as the main project manager for multiple large-scale events and retreats and for developing content for national and state trainings.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain clearinghouse of training materials for staff and partners, covering subjects ranging from: building and maintaining political relationships and coalitions, to delivering an effective persuasion message at the doors.
- Facilitate learning across states, regions and partner programs.
- Support and help lead a multi-pronged leadership development program focused on emerging grassroots activists, FOF programs, and partner programs in creating tiered modes of engagement for local leaders.
- Support training directors in FOF states.
- Support FOF and partner leadership staff in designing programs to source organizing talent.
- When needed and requested by states or Training Director, directly organize and facilitate trainings.
- Applying training best practices to ensure trainings are professionally and experientially designed.
- Project manage logistics for large events and retreats.
Qualifications & Experience
- Team player - Inclination to lead via organizing rather than by decree. Ability to build strong teams to accomplish goals without a need to bottom-line everything. Talented in coalition and team building.
- Self-determined and self-managed work style This position will require working collaboratively and managing horizontally, but will also entail a lot of solitary work and seeing projects from idea to implementation. As a result, candidates should be motivated internally to do their best work.
- Communication Skills - Ability to write compelling training materials, program reports, fundraising/marketing documents, and program debrief reports, with examples. Experience in working with multiple state operations at one time a plus. Demonstrated ability in building relationships and maintaining communication with key stakeholders a plus. Demonstrated ability to navigate conflict and work toward resolution required.
- Enthusiasm for Building Progressive Power - Understanding of the general progressive landscape at the local, state, and national level preferred. Understanding of how the community coordinates and co-exists legally, values-wise, and based on electoral goals preferred. Demonstrated ability to turn activists into leaders through training in a local or statewide setting preferred.
- Training Skills - Understanding and experience applying training best practices, developing trainings to varying audiences, writing needs assessments and evaluating programs (particularly training programs) in traditional and non-traditional training settings required.Experience training others to be trainers is preferred. Examples of past training materials & curriculum may be requested.
**The Deputy Training Director must be willing to travel extensively and work long hours.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FOF offers a competitive salary and benefits package consistent with experience and expertise.
How to Apply: Applicants should submit their resume and three references to: LINK. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For Our Future Action Fund is a non-profit “social welfare” organization, & For Our Future PAC is an allied federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively. For Our Future Action Fund and For Our Future PAC, collectively “FOF,” is a coalition organization that aims to win elections and regain political power by engaging and mobilizing people on progressive issues and values. Founded in 2016, FOF has four core progressive values: a passion for social and racial justice, economic prosperity for all, protecting the environment, and a commitment to public education.
In 2017, FOF will continue to engage on community issues with a focus on establishing permanence and economies of scale to be leveraged. Building off our 2016 campaign, FOF will continue its unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in 2018 and 2020. The model is to work with and through community-based organizations and local activist networks, with a focus on bolstering both field and communications infrastructure. Our goal is to turn communicators into connectors, engage communities in policy fights, and turn out voters for progressive issues and champions for Election Day victories.