For Our Future and For Our Future Action Fund are seeking a Regional Director to help lead an aggressive organizing, communications, and canvassing program. For Our Future aims to win elections and gain political power by engaging and mobilizing people and community-based organizations on progressive issues. Building off of our 2016 campaign in five battleground states, FOF will continue its unique and now-proven model to build infrastructure and power for progressive issues and candidates in Virginia in 2018 and beyond. The model is to work with and through community-based organizations and local activist networks with a focus on direct voter contact and earned media. Our goal is to turn communicators into connectors, engage communities in policy discussions, and turn out voters for progressive issues and Election Day victories.
The Regional Director will be responsible for helping to execute the statewide field plan, political organizing, regional communications, and supervision of organizer(s) within his/her assigned region. Regional Directors will report directly to the Virginia Organizing Director.
For Our Future is a project of For Our Future Action Fund (“FOFAF”), a non-profit “social welfare” organization, & For Our Future (“FOF”), a federally registered “independent expenditure” political action committee that incorporates both issue advocacy and electoral programming, respectively.
- Work directly with state leadership to help implement new communications and digital strategies in your region.
- Building crucial relationships with leaders of the progressive community and serving as regional lead for FVF Partnership Program.
- The regional director must have a passion for community organizing and movement building, as well as a track record of managing programs that develop the capacity to meet metrics-based goals on data-driven campaigns.
- Manage organizers and canvassers.
- Cutting turf and assigning work through voter databases.
- Ensure that all staff are properly trained and consistently productive throughout the day.
- Ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly goals are met and exceeded.
- Conduct extensive coaching and development with staff on best practices for organizing, volunteer recruitment and retention.
- Ensure that all required reporting is accurate and timely and that all regional data is entered on time.
- Monitor metrics within each assigned region including knocks per shifts, flake rate, completion rate, confirmation rate; implementing rigorous systems to meet assigned goals associated with metrics.
- Represent the campaign at public events and community meetings when advised by the organization.
- 2-4 years of experience managing a team and hitting electoral goals.
- 2-4 years relationship-based organizing and leadership development experience, including one-on-one meetings and team building.
- Outreach and partnership-building with other progressive organizations.
- Media and communications campaign experience.
- Staff training and management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Votebuilder/VAN.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, database skills, and access to a reliable portable computer.
- Ability to work long hours (especially nights and weekends) in a fast paced, metrics-driven work environment.
- Must have reliable access to a vehicle with a valid driver's license.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- A winning mentality.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Last but not least: a sense of humor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
FOFAF offers a competitive salary and benefits package consistent with experience, skills and demonstrated abilities.
How to Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to: