This role is a Formidable full-time position for residents of the UK.
Are you interested in working on a growing team of designers helping shape digital experiences for some of the biggest companies in the world? Are you interested in finding solutions for some of the hardest problems in the digital space today?
We are in search of a Senior Product Designer to join our team. You will focus on helping to define and design breakthrough experiences that impact how customers use products and services. You will work closely with Project Managers, and Engineers as well as the design team to meticulously execute ideas into production.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating design solutions based on user research data, user goals, and business requirements
- Producing designs that illustrate optimal user experiences, deliverables may include storyboards, flows, wireframes, prototypes, and vision pieces.
- Working closely with engineers and product managers to iterate and deliver flawlessly.
- Advocating for your design solutions by putting them in the context of business and user goals.
- Expert understanding of modern standard digital product design tools, such as Sketch and Figma.
- Working with the design team to help form a supportive and collaborative design environment in which we can all level up our design skills together.
- 5+ years of design experience in interactive digital design and/or visual design
- Experience designing user experiences for user-focused software & services
- Experience designing consumer and/or enterprise applications
- A well-thought-through portfolio that represents end-to-end customer journeys, as well as deep design thinking in the visual space.
- Breadth and depth across 2 or 3 categories of usability, interaction, and visual design.
- Ability to create polished design prototypes, mockups, wireframes, and style guides in an iterative environment.
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design, user-centered design process, and UI patterns for desktop and mobile experiences
- Familiarity with technical constraints impacting design patterns across platforms
- Expert knowledge of industry-standard design tools such as Sketch, Figma, and Abstract
- Experience working directly with product and engineering teams in a collaborative software development environment
- Motion graphic and/or illustration skills are a plus, ideally After Effects to Lottie.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Please include URLs for an online portfolio demonstrating your design process, UX flows, interaction patterns, and visual design skills in addition to your resume.Nice to have:
- Experience working in a lead role over a design team and/or the desire to move into a managerial or leadership position.
- Base salary range for this position is £65,000 - £89,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position.
- We employ a simple and fair salary system that pays everyone the same salary for the same work. This Open Pay system is competitive in a fast-growing market and provides transparency to what is typically an opaque and unbalanced negotiation.
How do we work?
Our consultants act as an extension of our customer’s team, embedding themselves in the environment, and adapting to our clients’ requirements and challenges, so they can develop a truly impactful and innovative solution.
We take a lot of pride in both the work we do and how we do it. We love trying new approaches, challenging the norm, and we’ll never stop striving to be at our technical best. It comes naturally to both our team and the community we work within to help each other’s growth, share and elevate ideas, and meaningfully collaborate as much as possible. Our people are more than the sum of their parts.
That’s why you’ll get an unusual amount of autonomy — you’re here because you’re brilliant, so we trust you to do your role in a way that works for you. Our high-trust culture is one of the things that makes us so successful, so you do you and we’ll be over here, listening and providing support where needed.
Life at Formidable
We are proud of the culture we have built and truly believe that work should be a place where you come to grow, be challenged, build relationships and have fun.When people from varied backgrounds and experiences come together, the greatest outcomes are the result. We believe people are at their best when they have what they need, so we made Formidable a place where all can feel welcomed, supported, and heard
At Formidable we value
Inclusion: Come as you are. You are safe here.
Autonomy: We trust you to make good decisions and get your work done.
Craft: Level up. We’re always working to improve ourselves through practice, peer review, teamwork, and communication
What We Offer Our UK Employees
- Holiday - It is important to us that you take some time for yourself to do the things you love, recharge and refresh, so we offer a holiday allowance of 25 days + bank holidays + Christmas closure (usually 4 days).
- Flexible working - We are a fully flexible working company and support people working from home and remotely when traveling - this means you can pretty much work from anywhere and set your own hours. We only ask that you are available for team and client meetings and can dial in from wherever you are if you are working remotely that day.
- Travel cards - London travel can be costly so transport to the office is on us! We will provide you with an annual Oyster card for the zone you live in or a monthly travel allowance if you live outside of London and use public transport to get to the office.
- Pensions - We want you to feel like working at Formidable is contributing to your future, not just your career, so we will match 4% of your employee contribution with 4% to your pension.
- Private medical insurance - We like to do what we can to give our Formidables peace of mind internally and externally, so we provide full private MHD [medical history disregarded] cover with AXA PPP, including dental and optician add-ons (this can be extended to spouses and children too and Formidable will pay 75% of their premiums), as well as life cover & critical illness cover.
- Home office stipend - Upon joining Formidable as a permanent employee, you will have access to a stipend of £/€1,750 to help provide a comfortable working space at home.
- Health & wellness bonus - Health and wellness can come in all different forms so to support you in choosing what works, we give you an annual £1,250 bonus to spend on what is right for you.
- Inter-office travel - We like our Formidables to get to know each other properly; what better way than a trip to visit and work with other teams around the globe? We will give you £850 annually to cover your travel and accommodation so you can go and work in one of our other locations and get to know the team better. (Pending COVID-19 restrictions)
- Open source - We have incredible access to a wider community of coding specialists who are as passionate about Open Source as we are + an internal ‘Sauce Program’ that enables you to earn extra money for any extra OSS hours you put in.
- Training & development - You’ll receive unparalleled support from your peers + an all-you-can-eat professional development budget to ensure you can access all that you need to keep growing in your role and levelling up.
- Collaboration & exposure - We work in a collaborative environment that leads to continuous, organic personal development. You’ll also have exposure to a wide variety of customers, from scale-ups to Fortune 100s.
- Giving back - We also love to give back to our community - so if you give to charity and want to set this up through payroll giving, we will match your contributions by up to £1000 a year.
- Feeling peckish? Us too, which is why we have catered team lunches twice a week + a fully stocked office of snacks and drinks to keep you going throughout the day. (Pending COVID-19 restrictions)
- Visiting HQ - Formidable was launched in Seattle so once a year we all descend on Formidable HQ for FormidaGathering - it’s quite a week away!
Inclusion is one of our core values. We don’t discriminate by race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are not offering UK visa sponsorship at this time and hence, unfortunately, require our candidates that they have the right to work in the UK without visa sponsorship.