We are looking for a Business Development Manager to help our design organization establish, grow and drive new design and product revenue growth through a positive, high-touch customer experience. While reporting to the SVP of Business Development, you will be responsible for establishing, managing the process, and closing design business opportunities, while working closely with the Creative Director to identify new sectors, industries, and clients. You will collaborate with some of the largest and most successful brand name companies in the US to ensure healthy/sustainable margins and profitability.
This is an opportunity to make your mark and partner with our Leadership Team to expand our client base and continue to grow the business. We believe working hard and smart goes hand-in-hand with a flexible and remote-first work schedule. At Formidable, we aspire to have clients and projects that cultivate a culture of supportive learning and knowledge exchange between us and our clients. You can expect to stay on top of industry trends and tools and to constantly cultivate your skillset as a part of our team.
- Provide expert knowledge of the full sales cycle, from prospecting, cold calling through to negotiation and closing.
- Identify key resources and instill a quality, integrity-based sales process with respect to rep/customer interactions
- Work closely with client teams, providing leadership to generate and maintain balanced business and client relationships, and help us discover new opportunities inside and outside of our client base.
- Research, identify and qualify incoming, emerging, and new leads
- Facilitate the legal and contract process in collaboration with the Leadership team
- Manage client relationships and help set expectations
- Represent Formidable at conferences and meetups
- Mitigate project and client risks through standard meetings and communication channels
- Expertly represent Formidable's value and capabilities in the context of client challenges
- Guide proposal development from defining approach and strategy, to crafting materials, including capability presentations, proposals, case studies
- Identify emerging trends and client needs and work with engineering, marketing, and Formidable leadership to inform new offerings, differentiated value propositions, and processes
- Maintain our CRM system and business development resources in a timely manner
- Conduct reviews to ensure clients are satisfied with Formidable services in combination with our Marketing team
- Achieve revenue, margin, and profit targets
- Travel domestically and internationally to visit prospective and existing clients.
- 5+ years of experience in an engagement manager, business development, or account management role, ideally in a product design or management consulting firm
- A bachelor or master’s level degree
- Demonstrable experience in strategic account management, business development, and relationship building
- A consistent track record of developing and closing new business
- Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated passion and knowledge of design, innovation, and comfortable speaking the language of the discipline
- Outstanding project management skills
- Eagerness to learn our business and contribute to our culture and growth
Nice to have
- Solid understanding of the business of design sector, design trends, and the design process we leverage and the ability to explain them to technical and business audiences
- A solid network of contacts in a variety of industries to engage in significant outreach activity
- Base salary range for this position is $80,000 - $95,000 with the ability to earn up to $135k - $160k with a 60/40 split between base salary and commission.
What We Offer Our Employees
- 5 weeks of PTO annually (Inclusive of Holidays) and unlimited sick time
- Flexible work schedules
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision
- A Home Office Stipend so you can buy a desk, monitor, and more
- A MacBook Pro, or equivalent Windows or Linux laptop
- Annual Health & Wellness bonus
- An encouraging and collaborative culture
- ...and much more to support your life, both at work and outside of work!
Life at Formidable
We are proud of the culture we have built and truly believe that work should be a place where you come to grow, be challenged, build relationships and have fun. When people from varied backgrounds and experiences come together, the greatest outcomes are the result. We believe people are at their best when they have what they need, so we made Formidable a place where all can feel welcomed, supported, and heard.
At Formidable we value
Inclusion: Come as you are. You are safe here.
Autonomy: We trust you to make good decisions and get your work done.
Craft: Level up. We're always working to improve ourselves through practice, peer review, teamwork, and communication
Inclusion is one of our core values. We don’t discriminate by race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the country where employed. We are not offering working visa sponsorship at this time.