We are looking for a Delivery Director, Engineering to support our engineers and the clients we work with. You will be responsible for high-level staffing decisions and team composition while supporting and coaching individual contributors and Engineering Managers in their roles. You will collaborate with some of the largest and most successful brand name companies in the US to ensure both successful projects and our employees' growth and happiness.
This is an opportunity to make your mark and partner with our Leadership Team to continue to grow our world-class engineering organization and drive our effort to make Formidable an incredible place to work. We believe working hard and smart goes hand-in-hand with a flexible and remote-friendly work schedule. At Formidable, we aspire to have clients and projects that cultivate a culture of supportive learning and knowledge exchange. You can expect to stay on top of industry trends and tools and to constantly cultivate your skillset as a part of our team.
We have clients and people all over, and the ideal candidate will be able to operate within standard work hours for the Eastern Standard timezone of North America when necessary.
- Report to the VP of Delivery, and work closely with your fellow Delivery Directors on daily responsibilities and larger organizational initiatives
- Contribute alongside dev managers and individual developers on React or Cloud client projects
- Serve as a direct manager of a mix of Engineering Managers and ICs on client projects that you are responsible for
- Manage multimillion-dollar client engagements spanning several years and maintain client relationships with transparency, honesty, and integrity
- Support business development by meeting with potential clients, leading initial discovery processes, and accepting work that is in line with Formidable values and expertise
- Lead by example the Formidable values of Autonomy, Inclusion, and Craft in everything you do
- Work to continuously improve Formidable employee satisfaction, growth, and work-life balance
- Deal with complex personnel issues with patience and empathy while building a safe and inclusive culture where team members feel safe to ask for what they need.
- Serve as an ambassador and champion of Formidable engineering to the broader community
- Be a mentor for your direct reports, train them to mentor theirs, and continuously improve mentorship at Formidable
- Partner with HR and Recruiting to hire, retain, and grow a diverse, psychologically safe, and highly skilled team
- Ensure team members are the best possible fit for client requirements during staffing discussions and decisions
- 3+ years of experience as a people manager
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience working in an agency or consultancy with external customers
- Managed other managers in a technical organization or been engagement manager in a technical consultancy
- Familiarity with best practices for modern web development and software development lifecycles
- Previous experience hiring and retaining diverse teams at all experience levels
- Experience working on larger strategic initiatives within an engineering organization, such as career ladder work, designing onboarding flows, etc.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding project management skills
What We Offer Our Employees
- A minimum of 5 weeks of PTO annually (Inclusive of Holidays) and unlimited sick time
- Flexible work schedules
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision
- A Home Office Stipend so you can buy a desk, monitor, and more
- A MacBook Pro, or equivalent Windows or Linux laptop
- Annual Health & Wellness bonus
- An encouraging and collaborative culture
- ...and much more to support your life, both at work and outside of work!
Life at Formidable
We are proud of the culture we have built and truly believe that work should be a place where you come to grow, be challenged, build relationships and have fun. When people from varied backgrounds and experiences come together, the greatest outcomes are the result. We believe people are at their best when they have what they need, so we made Formidable a place where all can feel welcomed, supported, and heard.
At Formidable we value
Inclusion: Come as you are. You are safe here.
Autonomy: We trust you to make good decisions and get your work done.
Craft: Level up. We're always working to improve ourselves through practice, peer review, teamwork, and communication
Simple and Fair Salaries
We employ a simple and fair salary system that pays everyone the same salary for the same work. This Open Pay system is competitive in a fast-growing market and provides transparency to what is typically an opaque and unbalanced negotiation.
Inclusion is one of our core values. We don’t discriminate by race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the country where employed. We are not offering working visa sponsorship at this time.