- 4+ years of software development experience
- 1+ years of professional experience in React Native
- 1+ years of professional experience in Android development
- Extensive domain knowledge and experience working with React
- An interest in working in a client service role and passion for the positive long-term impacts of code health and smooth developer experience, while being sensitive to client goals and timelines
- The ability to communicate the benefits of technical solutions to non-technical project partners effectively
- Patience and drive to both learn from and mentor others
You are experienced in
- Java or Kotlin
- Android Studio
- Type systems like TypeScript or Flow
- Deep knowledge of React and the surrounding open source ecosystem
- Git, especially within teams
- Testing libraries and methods (Jest/Enzyme/react-testing-library)
- Modern mobile/web application stack:
- State management with React Context, Redux, React Hooks
- Build tooling (Webpack & Metro bundler)
- React Navigation or React Native Navigation/React Router
- High level of proficiency in front-end markup and styling
- JSX and HTML5
- React Native Stylesheets & CSS-in-JS
- Modern CSS layout features like Flexbox and Grid
- Experience submitting apps to Google Play, App Store
- Experience with CI/CD with React Native using CodePush
- Experience integrating with GraphQL services
- Experience with iOS (Objective-C, Swift)
- Familiarity with Expo
- Mentorship experience
- Experience leading teams
- Open Source contributor
What We Offer Our Employees
- 5 weeks of PTO annually (Inclusive of Holidays) and unlimited sick time
- Flexible work schedules
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision
- A Home Office Stipend so you can buy a desk, monitor, and more
- A MacBook Pro, or equivalent Windows or Linux laptop
- Annual Health & Wellness bonus
- An encouraging and collaborative culture
- ...and much more to support your life, both at work and outside of work!
Life at Formidable
We are proud of the culture we have built and truly believe that work should be a place where you come to grow, be challenged, build relationships and have fun. When people from varied backgrounds and experiences come together, the greatest outcomes are the result. We believe people are at their best when they have what they need, so we made Formidable a place where all can feel welcomed, supported, and heard.
At Formidable we value
Inclusion: Come as you are. You are safe here.
Autonomy: We trust you to make good decisions and get your work done.
Craft: Level up. We're always working to improve ourselves through practice, peer review, teamwork, and communication
Simple and Fair Salaries
We employ a simple and fair salary system that pays everyone the same salary for the same work. This Open Pay system is competitive in a fast-growing market and provides transparency to what is typically an opaque and unbalanced negotiation.
This role pays $138,000+ for a Level 5 Engineer or above.