This is a remote-friendly role for any location in British Columbia.
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Demonstrated experience supporting an engineering team to ship regularly through automation
- Experience in building and maintaining infrastructure and services around AWS Lambda functions, including integration with CDNs etc.
- Experience in defining infrastructure as code (IaC) using Terraform to manage cloud resources, accounts, organizations, users in AWS following best practices
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Github Actions, CircleCI, or similar
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of professional experience in cloud infrastructure
In this role you will:
- Architect and build cloud solutions on AWS
- Build scalable production systems from start to finish; beginning by identifying business needs and taking the project through to its launch, incorporating security, scalability, high availability, monitoring and reporting
- Communicate architectural concepts to clients and team members alike
- Work in a client service role – advocating for the positive long-term impacts of code health and smooth developer experience, while being sensitive to client goals and timelines
- Grow as an engineer and add to your skillset beyond infrastructure and DevOps
Extra Credit for:
- Team leadership experience
- Kubernetes / Docker / Containerization
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Open Source contributor
- Incident management and defining incident response processes (on-call escalation, playbooks/runbooks, postmortems)
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 16 days of PTO annually in addition to 10 statutory holidays
- Unlimited sick time
- Flexible work schedules
- A Home Office Stipend so you can buy a desk, monitor, and more
- A MacBook Pro, or equivalent Windows or Linux laptop
- Annual Health & Wellness bonus
- An encouraging and collaborative culture
- ...and much more to support your life, both at work and outside of work!
Life at Formidable
We are proud of the culture we have built and truly believe that work should be a place where you come to grow, be challenged, build relationships and have fun. When people from varied backgrounds and experiences come together, the greatest outcomes are the result. We believe people are at their best when they have what they need, so we made Formidable a place where all can feel welcomed, supported, and heard.
At Formidable we value
Inclusion: Come as you are. You are safe here.
Autonomy: We trust you to make good decisions and get your work done.
Craft: Level up. We're always working to improve ourselves through practice, peer review, teamwork, and communication
Simple and Fair Salaries
We employ a simple and fair salary system that pays everyone the same salary for the same work. This Open Pay system is competitive in a fast-growing market and provides transparency to what is typically an opaque and unbalanced negotiation.
This role pays C$126,000+ for a Level 5 Engineer or above.