At Formic, we’re on a mission to revolutionize American manufacturing and create more abundance in the world. We believe in continuing the American legacy of innovation by making automation accessible to all manufacturers and increasing their factory productivity by 10x.
Built upon deep expertise in robotics and manufacturing, our unique Pay-for-Productivity robotics solutions combine the best automation technology, tools, and uptime services for manufacturers, paving the way for a new era of supercharged efficiency and competitiveness.
As the world faces growing pressure from rising costs and labor shortages, Formic is a uniquely powerful tool in overcoming these challenges. Fueled by our vision for a resurged “Made in America,” we’re growing fast - achieving 70% quarterly growth in customer count and ARR, with ~30% of our customers having already deployed multiple systems.
Supporting us in our mission, with investments thus far totaling over $30 million, are backers including Lux Capital, Initialized Capital and CEOs and founders of multiple Fortune 50 companies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with customers and vendors to evaluate and manage the deployment of turnkey automation solutions.
- Demonstrate comfort working in a variety of manufacturing environments and working closely with customers
- Manage automation projects throughout their lifecycle
- Work with the sales team to evaluate robotic application feasibility
- Work with customers to gather information required to provide a final turnkey proposal including layout, cycle time, payload, product variation, etc.
- Work with vendors and communicate the necessary information to quote the system
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget
- Commission of machines to meet customer quality and cycle time requirements including testing and onsite startup
- Provide technical support to customers
- Work with the end-user throughout the life of the contract to ensure maximum machine performance and capacity
- Continually research the best technologies in robotics and automation
- Provide subject matter expertise to sales, applications, and support throughout the sales process
- Travel Requirements - for a 'seasoned' candidate we could consider this a 'hybrid' role located in the San Francisco Bay area with non-travel time split between office and home office. Otherwise, 50% travel is required.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with industrial and collaborative robot systems (FANUC, Universal Robots, Yaskawa, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience overseeing the deployment of robots for applications such as machine tending, welding, palletization, or material handling
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do real deployments
- Hunger to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Expert oral and written communications
- Proficiency in using and interpreting technical drawings and CAD
- Knowledge of additional automation or general manufacturing equipment (conveyance, machine tools, welding supplies, electronics, safety equipment, etc.)
- Experience interfacing directly with customers
Total rewards packages at Formic consist of salaries benchmarked against similar stage growth companies, insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD), and equity in Formic itself. As an early stage startup, equity is an important part of our investment in you, and your investment in Formic. When Formic succeeds, we all succeed.
Final offer amounts are custom-crafted, based on the cash/equity ratio preference of the candidate, as well as their experience, geographical location and cost of labor, and more, and may vary from the range listed below. Ultimately we’re seeking top performers who will make a difference to our business, and we’re open to negotiating the compensation structure for the right candidate.
The expected base pay range for this position is $85,000 - $185,000.
What We Offer
Formic believes we do our best work when we are equipped to take care of ourselves and our loved ones. To support this Formic offers comprehensive benefits and perks for full-time US-based employees*, including:
- Equity in Formic: your slice of ownership in a fast-growing Series A startup, backed by some of the best investors in the world
- 99% coverage for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans (75% coverage for dependents) via Blue Cross Blue Shield and Guardian
- FSA & DCFSA
- Life insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability plans (covered at 100%) via Guardian
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k
- $2,000 Home Office allowance
- Monthly Phone & Internet Reimbursement
- Flexible time off policy and 10+ company holidays
- Bi-annual all-company retreats
*As our team grows, our benefit and perk offerings for employees based outside of the United States will vary. We are happy to discuss these options with you as part of our recruiting and interviewing experience.
Formic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to email@example.com.