Formic is creating a world of abundance by unlocking robotic automation for small to mid-sized American manufacturers. Our mission is to continue the American legacy of innovation by increasing productivity and production capacity 10X. We combine proprietary software tooling and intelligent control with advanced fleet management and financial innovation with a mastery of robotics. We enable manufacturers to deploy and scale automation quickly and with minimal risk, and believe that technology doesn’t change the world until you make it accessible to those who need it most.
We make building things easy and believe every factory should have access to unlimited labor through automation. As the world moves toward inflation and shortages, Formic is doing everything it can to reverse that trend. In the time we've been in existence we've grown faster than any robotics company in history, and we're only just getting started.
Supporting us in this vision, with investments thus far totaling over $30 million, are backers including Lux Capital, Initialized Capital, Balaji Srinivasan and CEOs of multiple fortune 50 companies.
Join us to build the world's largest robot workforce, and fundamentally change the way that everything gets made - from aircraft parts to shredded lettuce, lattes to sheet metal, lawnmowers to candy corn, and everything in between.
As part of the cloud team you will be driving the design and development of Formic cloud infrastructure which is responsible for monitoring and orchestration of all deployed robotics systems. Our state of the art cloud infrastructure is one of the key differentiators for Formic and we envision major growth in this area as we expand our web and mobile offering and utilize cutting edge technologies such as AI and Machine Learning.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop backend that powers Formic cloud system
- Work closely with frontend and mobile developers to define and develop the API
- Work closely with IoT team to design and develop Robot monitoring and control systems
- Follow software development best practices such as code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration, etc
- Work with product team and other stakeholders
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent
- 5+ years of web development experience
- Experience with Python/Django
- Strong SQL database fundamentals
- Experience with AWS and good understanding of DevOps best practices
- Prior experience with IoT or IIoT is preferred
- B2B, SaaS experience is preferred
Total rewards packages at Formic consist of salaries benchmarked against similar stage growth companies, insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD), and equity in Formic itself. As an early stage startup, equity is an important part of our investment in you, and your investment in Formic. When Formic succeeds, we all succeed.
Final offer amounts are custom-crafted, based on the cash/equity ratio preference of the candidate, as well as their experience, geographical location and cost of labor, and more, and may vary from the range listed below. Ultimately we’re seeking top performers who will make a difference to our business, and we’re open to negotiating the compensation structure for the right candidate.
The expected base pay range for this position is $125,000 - $185,000.
Benefits & Perks
Formic believes we do our best work when we are equipped to take care of ourselves and our loved ones, and practice a healthy work-life balance. To support this Formic offers comprehensive benefits and perks for US-based employees*, including:
- 99% coverage for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans (75% coverage for dependents) via Blue Cross Blue Shield and Guardian
- FSA & DCFSA
- Life insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability plans (covered at 100%) via Guardian
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid parental leave
- Equity in Formic: your slice of ownership in a growing Series A startup
- Company-sponsored 401k
- $2,000 Home Office allowance
- Monthly Phone & Internet Reimbursement
- Flexible time off policy and 10+ company holidays
- Bi-annual all-company retreats
*As our team grows, our benefit and perk offerings for employees based outside of the United States will vary. We are happy to discuss these options with you as part of our recruiting and interviewing experience.
Formic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.