Note: This is a remote position that will manage a territory comprised of the northeastern and mid-Atlantic United States (including ME, VT, NH, NY, MA, RI, CT, NJ, PA, MD, VA, and DC). Candidates located and able to travel within this region will be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Call on end-users and search for the best point of contact to close sales
- Work alongside Formic application engineers to drive proof of concept development and application design for project qualification
- Create persuasive collateral and sales materials for customer conversations.
- Develop and build relationships with executives and decision-makers in customers.
- Present monthly business reviews to the Formic senior leadership team.
- Work with a team of extraordinarily impressive, bright, focused, and motivated professionals in an environment that encourages and rewards out-of-the-box creativity and entrepreneurial drive
- Leverage an already established market footprint to further develop and execute a sales strategy for the addressable market (small to medium-sized factories)
- Execute and innovate on Formic's sales processes, including prospecting, lead generation/qualification/follow-up, quote preparation, negotiation, and order closing focusing on maximizing value for Formic
- Shepherd potential customers through the process and close deals
- Must be located in or relocate to the Mid-Atlantic or New England area
- Ability to build and maintain high quality relationships with leadership teams of manufacturers
- Ability to build a territory through proactive prospecting and lead generation
- Mastery of a complex and varying sales cycle
- Bachelor’s Degree (Technical/Engineering-focus preferred)
- 5+ years of experience selling to the Food & Beverage manufacturing industry OR packaging industry OR metal fabrication and machining industry
- Deep existing relationships in the manufacturing space selling $1m+/year of equipment
Benefits & Perks
Formic believes we do our best work when we are equipped to take care of ourselves and our loved ones, and practice a healthy work-life balance. To support this Formic offers comprehensive benefits and perks for US-based employees*, including:
- 99% coverage for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans (75% coverage for dependents) via Blue Cross Blue Shield and Guardian
- FSA & DCFSA
- Life insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability plans (covered at 100%) via Guardian
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid parental leave
- Equity in Formic: your slice of ownership in a growing Series A startup
- Company-sponsored 401k
- $2,000 Home Office allowance
- Monthly Phone & Internet Reimbursement
- Flexible time off policy and 10+ company holidays
- Bi-annual all-company retreats
*As our team grows, our benefit and perk offerings for employees based outside of the United States will vary. We are happy to discuss these options with you as part of our recruiting and interviewing experience.
Formic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to email@example.com.