Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with customers and vendors to evaluate and manage the deployment of turnkey automation solutions.
- Demonstrate comfort working in a variety of manufacturing environments and working closely with customers
- Manage automation projects throughout their lifecycle
- Work with the sales team to evaluate robotic application feasibility
- Work with customers to gather information required to provide a final turnkey proposal including layout, cycle time, payload, product variation, etc.
- Work with vendors and communicate the necessary information to quote the system
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget
- Commission of machines to meet customer quality and cycle time requirements including testing and onsite startup
- Provide technical support to customers
- Work with the end-user throughout the life of the contract to ensure maximum machine performance and capacity
- Continually research the best technologies in robotics and automation
- Provide subject matter expertise to sales, applications, and support throughout the sales process
- Travel Requirements - for a 'seasoned' candidate we could consider this a 'hybrid' role located in the Chicago area with non-travel time split between office and home office. Otherwise, 50% travel is required.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with industrial and collaborative robot systems (FANUC, Universal Robots, Yaskawa, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience overseeing the deployment of robots for applications such as machine tending, welding, palletization, or material handling
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do real deployments
- Hunger to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Expert oral and written communications
- Proficiency in using and interpreting technical drawings and CAD
- Knowledge of additional automation or general manufacturing equipment (conveyance, machine tools, welding supplies, electronics, safety equipment, etc.)
- Experience interfacing directly with customers
Benefits & Perks
Formic believes we do our best work when we are equipped to take care of ourselves and our loved ones, and practice a healthy work-life balance. To support this Formic offers comprehensive benefits and perks for US-based employees*, including:
- 99% coverage for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans (75% coverage for dependents) via Blue Cross Blue Shield and Guardian
- FSA & DCFSA
- Life insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability plans (covered at 100%) via Guardian
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid parental leave
- Equity in Formic: your slice of ownership in a growing Series A startup
- Company-sponsored 401k
- $2,000 Home Office allowance
- Monthly Phone & Internet Reimbursement
- Flexible time off policy and 10+ company holidays
- Bi-annual all-company retreats
*As our team grows, our benefit and perk offerings for employees based outside of the United States will vary. We are happy to discuss these options with you as part of our recruiting and interviewing experience.
Formic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.