Formation was founded with a vision to orchestrate individual offers at enterprise scale. Formation’s product employs a cloud-based architecture that is purpose-built for agile marketing and driving customer lifetime value. It enables the creation plus delivery of one-to-one offers and customer experiences across channels to deepen and improve customer relationships while driving economic impact and lifetime value.
Today, Formation is helping Starbuck's vision be the "most personalized brand in the world." Formation’s machine-learning enables true one-to-one offers, with multiple facets of each offer made individually relevant for the millions of Starbucks loyalty members. Formation’s process automation has reduced marketing workflow time by three months to one week versus a segmentation-based approach. The results are impressive with Starbuck's realizing significant benefits including 3X improvement in incremental revenue and3x marketing spend efficiency vs segment-based offers in 1/10th the time.
Formation has extended their customer footprint beyond Starbucks into other markets including retail and travel and continues to build out it’s growing customer footprint across restaurant, retail, travel & hospitality, and financial service markets.
Formation, Inc. is looking for a passionate and dynamic Vice President of Marketing, reporting to the CEO to lead both our corporate and product marketing. You will helpFormation grow by building our positioning, brand, and go-to-market strategies aimed at leading B2C Enterprises, promoting our innovative product, and enabling Formation’s Sales Team.
You are a leader who likes being hands-on while driving the bigger picture. You will have a strong understanding of our target market, and using data to drive decisions, build a unique brand and positioning. You can balance strategic vision and thought leadership with execution and continuous improvement. You will work with multiple teams at Formation, external partners, and our amazing customers to effectively position our product, differentiate our platform from the competition, and craft and tell the Formation story unlike anyone else. Most importantly, you can inspire and grow a remarkable team.
- Set the strategy and direction for Formation’s position in the market
- Build an amazing brand identity and build awareness for Formation through all relevant channels, including partners
- Actively manage public relations and analyst relationships
- Use marketing channels and tools to build lead generation programs, using account-based marketing and other enterprise-focused data-driven marketing techniques
- Provide the Sales Team with the tools and materials needed to secure customers across markets
- Build a content generation program from short-form to long-form to establish Formation as the thought leader for individualized marketing at scale
- Work with the product team to ensure alignment between positioning and product
- Represent Formation to the outside world, including press, analysts, and customers
- Experience with building and leading marketing in an enterprise SAAS startup
- Expertise in building Account-Based Marketing (ABM) strategy and programs
- Extensive experience with enterprise sales materials and enablement
- Strong knowledge of the Martech industry and experience in marketing enterprise software to the Fortune 1000
- Experience crafting compelling narratives to engage and educate customers and prospects and effectively communicate to business and technical decision-makers
- Experience developing events strategy, including conferences, trade shows, and webcasts
- Bonus: Known as an expert in B2C marketing
Desired Character Attributes:
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Integrity and authenticity
- Self-starter that works with a sense of urgency and purpose
- Data-driven and strong ability to delegate responsibility
Formation is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you're up for the challenge of a lifetime, we're looking for outstanding talent to join our team.
Among our many benefits :
- 100% medical, dental, and vision
- Discretionary PTO policy in addition to 11 paid holidays per year
- Commuter Benefits