Formation is looking for a Principal Solutions Consultant, with experience working with Enterprise Customers in the Retail space. You’ll serve as the subject matter expert on Formation technology for the Retail vertical - in both internal and customer-facing aspects, lead customer discovery, building relationships and identifying gaps in current solutions, and partner cross-functionally on solution design and recommendations.
Machine learning at the core of what we do, and we’re already working with some of the largest, most admired global enterprise brands (e.g. Starbucks), creating a new standard for customer-company interactions that are relevant, engaging, and completely individualized. You will work with multiple teams to create use cases and business cases that combine our product’s capabilities with market needs for innovative customer experiences and take a leading role in how we communicate and deliver these to customers.
Also, we are thrilled to be named one of the Top 50 startups by LinkedIn! Every member of our team makes Formation a special place to work and grow. Come join us and see for yourself!
This role would report to VP of BD.
- Work with prospective customers and Formation’s sales, product, and customer success teams to identify and prioritize key business drivers and demonstrate how our platform will help customers meet their goals
- Build use cases (e.g. Formation-enabled customer experiences) and business cases that detail the value release from the Formation platform
- Enable our sales team to facilitate value-oriented discovery and partner with sales to structure commercial terms and provide deal support
- Create and deliver executive-level presentations to C-level stakeholders at prospective and current customers
- Build trust at the executive level and drive account growth through the adoption of new use cases and innovative end-user experiences for our customers
- Create reusable assets to help scale Formation’s customer organization and its ability to sell and onboard customers
Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in a strategic role, ideally in management consulting, strategic business development, value consulting, or professional services
- Recent experience working at or with enterprise companies in the retail space
- Experience working with executive-level partners (VP, SVP, C-level) in Fortune 500 companies, preferably in a marketing, digital, or technology capacity
- Quantitative and qualitative skills to build complex business cases and to craft convincing narratives to communicate value to customers
- Strong business judgment and deal structuring skills
- Work with multiple teams
- Self-starter able to build capabilities from scratch, see the work through execution, and ruthlessly prioritize in an ever-changing/evolving landscape
- Executive-level presence
- Excitement about bringing to life new customer experiences for large organizations
Formation distills complex customer data into uniquely tailored experiences; we orchestrate physical and digital exchanges into one seamless journey. Our business is building lasting, trusted relationships between people and brands—and making it look easy.
We're already reaching millions of people a day, and we're just getting started. Our founding leadership is equal parts business, design, and engineering—because we believe differing perspectives + passionate discourse achieve the greatest outcomes. We give our whole selves. We love learning new things.
Formation is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you're up for the challenge of a lifetime, we're looking for outstanding talent to join our team.
Among our many benefits :
- 100% medical, dental, and vision
- Discretionary PTO policy in addition to 11 paid holidays per year
- Commuter Benefits