Are you a designer that loves to see the impact of your work? Do you enjoy collaborating with marketers and digging deep on how to deliver the best creative across multiple advertising, print and digital platforms? Are you driven to produce creative and designs that set brands apart?
If so, read on. See if you’d like to join our movement to produce unrivalled tools for creative professionals and lead the community to higher standards.
As the dedicated Graphic/Web Designer for the Marketing team reporting into the Creative Director, you will be responsible for delivering a range of marketing projects from the design and performance of our website, to testing and developing digital ads that set us apart, to supporting our broader communication efforts with designs and executions that align our brand. This is an incredible opportunity to get down into the trenches of a growing business and product, work with cutting-edge technologies and solve challenging problems daily.
As our Graphic/Web Designer for Marketing your responsibilities will include:
- The ongoing design of our website including the main site and landing pages to support our brand and to continually drive website conversions
- Designing ad creative to support our direct marketing efforts across multiple platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the Google Display Network
- Development and design of a wide range of graphic assets to support the ongoing online and offline needs of marketing
- Working collaboratively with the design team in the ongoing development of new design concepts and executions, offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of agency or client-side design experience
- Art/graphic/web design degree or equivalent
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Suite for Mac
- Deep knowledge of web design including design for mobile and responsive
- Expert understanding and interest in the range of design formats across the key advertising platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google Display network
- Understanding of design architecture, color theory and typography
- Uncompromising attention to detail and highest degree of quality control
- Knowledge of best practices for production and digital graphics
- Motion graphic +/or video editing (preferred)
- Web development +/or scripting (preferred)
- Web html, css, etc animation experience
What we’d like to see in our ideal candidate:
- Highly tuned to a current and modern creative audience and passion for creative pursuits
- Demonstrate a desire to constantly evolve and redefine the graphic design landscape
- An enthusiasm for collaboration with marketing mandates and performance driven creative
- A healthy mix of creative and technical knowledge, used on a daily basis
- The ability to focus on scalability and efficiency
- A positive attitude and a hunger to learn and self-improve is a must
- Working on projects from concept to pixel-perfect completion - this includes anything from digital projects to print production
- Leveraging strong communication and teamwork skills to get work done effectively and to confidently present work to the wider team and accept feedback
Why Join Format?
Launched in 2008 in Liberty Village in Toronto, Format.com has quietly become the leading online portfolio builder for professional visual artists around the world to exhibit, market and sell their work. With 45+ team members, tens of thousands of customers in over 190 countries, and voted the #1 online portfolio by photographers, designers and artists, we’ve come a long way, but have really only just begun. Some of the benefits of working here include:
- We have an amazing team that will be eager to help you succeed in your role. Learn more about us: http://wayswework.io/features/format
- We pay competitive salaries and have flexible vacation and work-from-home policies
- We provide great benefits: extended health, dental, life, and disability
- We frequently celebrate hitting milestones after work (or in the middle of the day if it’s sunny)
- We're proudly self-funded. We answer to our community and no one else!
- Some of our in-office perks include: a desk equipped with an Aeron chair and top-notch Apple gear (take a peek here), curating what music gets played over our office speakers, yummy catered lunches on Mondays, and drinking as much espresso as you need.
How to apply for this position:
This is a full-time position based in Toronto, ON.
To apply, please fill follow the instructions below.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No recruiters, please.
Format is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age.