Do you want to have an impact on a $1T industry?
Then you should consider joining Forma.ai!
Forma.ai is a Series B startup that's revolutionizing how sales compensation is designed, managed and optimized. We handle billions in annual managed commissions for market leaders like OpenTable, Stryker, and Autodesk.
Our growth has been fueled by our passion for fundamentally changing and shaping how companies use sales intelligence to drive business strategy.
We’re welcoming equally driven individuals who are excited about creating something big!
About the team:
Forma.ai has a data platform that is growing in complexity, internal and external APIs, and user interfaces for internal teams. In the past year, we have migrated fully to AWS, implemented CI/CD with GitHub Actions (Enterprise), automated security controls for AWS SSO account users, integrated monitoring & alerting with DataDog, coded our infrastructure in Terraform, and much more! You will be working in a fun and innovative environment with minimal technical debt. You can really engineer solutions that generate a high ROI for the business.
We are SOC1 and SOC2 compliant since we deal with sensitive customer data. This extra layer of security and process compliance is important for many of our infrastructure tasks.
The team itself works closely together by respecting, mentoring, communicating, providing constructive feedback, and instilling trust in one another. By doing so, we maintain a very functional team!
What you'll be doing:
Reporting to the Manager of Cloud Operations, the Intermediate DevOps Engineer will continue to build our next-generation cloud infrastructure and world-class tools for our team. Like many startups, Forma.ai is at the beginning of our DevOps journey, however we have come a long way since the need for our team. So, by joining the team now, you’ll be helping us reach our next stage of growth.
- Taking ownership of our CI/CD suite, infrastructure automation, and observability stack
- Engineering modern solutions by which we can deliver features and fixes quickly while maintaining stability and functionality across our applications
- Drafting documentation to explain solutions and support future maintenance
- Mentor/coach and share knowledge with fellow members – adopting an attitude of leadership and collaboration
- Confident in implementing automation strategies, cost optimization solutions, system reliability in general
What we're looking for:
- Development and/or DevOps experience
- Intermediate to advanced skills in any scripting language (Python, Ruby, BASH)
- Experience in source control best practices and collaborative coding (GIT, SVN)
- Demonstrated experience in building and releasing pipelines, whether in a hosted or a cloud-based environment (AWS, GitHub Actions)
- Familiarity and minimum-basic exposure to containerization and pod/container-based deployments and concepts
- Working knowledge of common web services (Apache, NGINX) and ability to describe and implement reverse proxy services
- Experience in logging technologies and leveraging log aggregators to investigate errors (DataDog, CloudWatch)
What makes you stand out:
- Proficiency with scripting infrastructure via Ansible, Terraform
- An up-to-date portfolio including self-hosted projects and demonstrated proficiencies
- Exposure to identity services and management via AuthO, Azure Active Directory, AWS SSO
- Proficiency in full-stack development and REST/API project implementation/deployment
- Familiarity with SSL Certificate management and implementation
- Ability to develop custom internal tools
Technologies we use:
- Backend: Python, Django, Postgres, Gunicorn
- Infrastructure: AWS
- CI/CD: GitHub Actions, Jenkins (migrating away, ~80% done)
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, K8s
- Monitoring: DataDog, Pingdom, Veracode
- Container Orchestration: Docker, Fargate, ECS, EKS
- Data Orchestration: Databricks
- Documentation: SharePoint, Bookstack
- Security: SSO integration for 95% of 3rd party vendors
What you can expect from us:
- Meaningful compensation. In addition to your base salary, you’ll join our employee stock ownership plan to further recognize your contributions to Forma.ai’s success
- Healthcare coverage. We have a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and a paid parental leave program
- Learning and development. Access the resources you want to help you grow in your role by utilizing our $750 yearly training stipend
- Open communication. You'll get to participate in weekly, company-wide stand-ups to understand our organizational priorities better
- Growth. You’ll have a huge opportunity to build a career for yourself and gain the type of experience you’re looking for – whether that’s as an individual contributor or as a people leader
- Work well, together. We’re real. We have kids and pets. Mortgages and student loans. We’re in this together, so no matter how brilliant any one of us is, we always play nice with one another – no exceptions.
- Be precise. Be relentless. We believe complacency breeds failure, so we set new goals as quickly as we achieve them. We persist in the face of adversity, learn from our mistakes, and push each other to continuously improve. The status-quo is kryptonite.
- Love our tech. Love our customers. Our platform solves a very complex problem in a currently underserved market. While everyone at Forma isn’t customer-facing, we’re all customer-focused. Maybe even slightly customer-obsessed.
Our commitment to you:
At Forma.ai, we’re diverse by design. We’re committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We also aim to have a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We’ll work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of effort. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. There are many paths to a successful career and we’re looking forward to reading yours.
Please note all interviews are currently being conducted virtually.
We thank all applicants for their interest.