Do you want to have an impact on a $1T industry?
Then you should consider joining Forma.ai!
Forma.ai is a Series B startup that's revolutionizing how sales compensation is designed, managed and optimized. We handle billions in annual managed commissions for market leaders like OpenTable, Stryker, and Autodesk.
Our growth has been fueled by our passion for fundamentally changing and shaping how companies use sales intelligence to drive business strategy.
We’re welcoming equally driven individuals who are excited about creating something big!
About the team:
Our Engineering team is fast-growing and highly focused on having an impact.
Engineers on this team build out user interfaces and APIs for both the internal and external products. These are not standard crud apps but advanced workflow, data visualization and business intelligence systems designed for Forma.ai’s specific needs.
This team is tightly integrated and works closely with various internal departments on a day-to-day basis to build features and solve problems effectively.
What you'll be doing:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Frontend Engineer will play an influential role in feature development. You'll lead development efforts for critical platform features. You’ll work closely with our Product and Design teams and be part of the continuous effort of maintaining code quality through testing, coding standards, documentation, and development cadences. You'll also be expected to participate in team discussions in areas such as solution implementation and design explorations. Occasionally, you may be asked to work on custom customer-specific extensions or features.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in software development
- Experience building products using modern web development frameworks (strong preference for React)
- A strong understanding of user experience concepts
- An understanding of analytics tools
- The ability to communicate technical product issues with disciplines across multiple teams
- A strong sense of customer empathy and an interest in being involved in the product direction
Technologies we use:
- Backend: Python, Django, Postgres
- Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, GitHub Actions
What you can expect from us:
- Meaningful compensation. In addition to your base salary, you’ll join our employee stock ownership plan to further recognize your contributions to Forma.ai’s success
- Healthcare coverage. We have a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and a paid parental leave program
- Learning and development. Access the resources you want to help you grow in your role by utilizing our $750 yearly training stipend
- Open communication. You'll get to participate in weekly, company-wide stand-ups to understand our organizational priorities better
- Growth. You’ll have a huge opportunity to build a career for yourself and gain the type of experience you’re looking for – whether that’s as an individual contributor or as a people leader
- Work well, together. We’re real. We have kids and pets. Mortgages and student loans. We’re in this together, so no matter how brilliant any one of us is, we always play nice with one another – no exceptions.
- Be precise. Be relentless. We believe complacency breeds failure, so we set new goals as quickly as we achieve them. We persist in the face of adversity, learn from our mistakes, and push each other to continuously improve. The status-quo is kryptonite.
- Love our tech. Love our customers. Our platform solves a very complex problem in a currently underserved market. While everyone at Forma isn’t customer-facing, we’re all customer-focused. Maybe even slightly customer-obsessed.
Our commitment to you:
At Forma.ai, we’re diverse by design. We’re committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We also aim to have a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We’ll work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of effort. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. There are many paths to a successful career and we’re looking forward to reading yours.
Please note all interviews are currently being conducted virtually.
We thank all applicants for their interest.