WHO WE ARE?
Our mission started in the UK and we're currently one of the top startups to work for in the UK and Europe.
We’re now looking for outstanding Senior Cloud Security Engineers to join our new engineering team that we will be building in Canada. As one of our first Canada-based engineering hires you will have a rare and exciting opportunity to shape the product and the team we hire, you'll be working 100% remotely and cross-collaborating with our engineers based in the EU and UK. This will enable us to diversify our talent distribution and bring in some of the world's best engineers to build Form3's revolutionary payment technology platform.
The team is comprised of our Defensive and Offensive Engineering teams alongside our Information Security Officers, whilst our CISO leads the operation. Our security team interact with the product and platform engineering teams across the company to promote best practices and awareness. They’re continually baking security into our culture, utilising new technologies and open-source tools to ensure high standards of security are maintained.
We are expanding the Security Engineering team extensively, meaning that there are many skill-sets and experiences required. Your place within the team will depend on your individual strengths and interests, to give you an idea of some of the areas that of expertise we are looking for, here are some of the key projects/ workloads our team take on:
- Creating a Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC)
- Securing our cloud-native (AWS, GCP and Azure) distributed system architecture
- Creating security tools and implementing them to enhance our specific security landscape
- Advocating the DevSecOps mindset that we have created across our engineering teams
- Infrastructure: AWS, GCP, Azure, Kubernetes (this will increase as we go cloud-agnostic)
- Platform: CockroachDB, EKS, GKE, PostgresDB, Vault, Consul, Linkerd, Cilium, NATS
- Tools: Terraform, Github, Flux, Prometheus, Pact.io, TFSec, Travis CI
- Code: Go, (a little Java), CQRS, Open-Source, Python (Security tools)
- Ways of working: DevSecOps, GitOps, TDD/BDD, Pair Programming, 100% Remote
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU AND WHY
- Experience in securing SDLCs, conducting SAST and DAST testing, threat modelling, code analysis and incident management. Our engineering teams are constantly developing new products that are added to our singular API gateway so the CI/CD pipeline must be secure by design.
- Ability to create, deliver and enhance security of cloud-native distributed systems (we use AWS and GCP at present with Terraform as our Iac tool), following the best practices and implementing security controls post assessment. We are also looking to become cloud-agnostic meaning there will be opportunity for you to showcase your abilities across other cloud platforms.
- Strong programming skills, we are flexible on languages, we use Go as our main language for production so a willingness or interest to learn Go is fundamental. In security we write our own scripts for automation in Python, Go and other languages while contributing to open-source tools so we can utilise them.
- Familiarity with containerisation and microservices architecture security concepts is also crucial to being successful in this role.
- Willingness to be part of the on-call rota.
DESIRABLES AND YOUR SPECIALISMS
- 3+ Years of expertise in Kubernetes, securing clusters and meshes (Cilium is preferable), networking best practices and RBAC implementation (CKA, CKS qualifications are a plus)
- Experience in hardening Linux OSs
- +3 Years of container security knowledge including container image provenance (Sigstore and Notary as examples) with an in-depth knowledge of container runtimes/ Docker and the security controls and best practice that surround microservice architectures
- Involvement in DevSecOps operations within Agile environments on to CI/CD pipelines (Travis CI and Flux are our tools) with the ability to choose the right tool to fit purpose
- Hands on work within agile DevOps environments that follow the DevSecOps best practices, where you expressed the ability to choose the right tool to fit purpose
- CI/CD pipeline (Travis CI and Flux are our tools) security management
- Hands on experience taking your company through any of the following ISO27001, ISAE3000, SOC2/1, GDPR, PCI-DSS
- Previous experience in developing security road maps and architectures alongside Security Architects in cloud-native or hybrid-infrastructures including network security (AWS solutions architect or GCP professional cloud architect are a plus)
- Previous experience in network security, preferably in hybrid infrastructure based environments, you will have managed, switches, network segmentation, ports and firewalls across the entire OSI model.
- Keen interest in new and emerging threats, vulnerabilities and adversary advancements coupled with the ability to present these to the wider team
- Active contributor to open-source projects and passion for developing internal tools (our engineers were some of the main contributors for TFSec)
- Additional Qualifications (nice to have but not necessary): OSCP, CASE, CCSP, AWS Security Specialist or GCP Professional Cloud Security Engineer
- 30 days holidays plus public holidays
- Health Insurance
- 100% remote work
- Flexible working arrangements
- Health & wellness allowance
- Remote working equipment allowance
- Primary caregiver leave
- Learning days, Udemy and educational reimbursement etc. Full details available on our careers page
Form3 appreciates that we all lead different and often really busy lives. We work remotely 100% of the time and many of us work part time. If you’re interested in hearing what different flexible working arrangements may be available, we’d love to chat.
We can currently only accept applications from Ontario and Quebec (East Coast).
As an inclusive employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for this role. We encourage all candidates who consider themselves to have a disability to notify us of any reasonable adjustments that may be required during the recruitment process. This includes providing job adverts in alternative, accessible formats or adjustments required at interview stage.
If you consider yourself to have a disability under the UN definition and would like to be considered under this scheme and/or require any reasonable adjustments please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com clearly stating your consent for us to process this data.