In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Bristol, UK; Grenoble FR; Oslo NO; and Singapore. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock is looking for a Senior Sales Engineer with a passion for engaging and understanding and solving customer needs. The ideal candidate will have skills in consulting, problem solving, and presenting, and enjoy engaging with customers to understand and solve their issues. Whilst a knowledge of the Identity and Access Management landscape is of course a benefit, we are mainly looking for people who are smart, intellectually curious, creative, and like solving customer issues with innovation and passion.
In this role you will deliver workshops, demos, and proof of concepts to help customers understand the value of the proposed ForgeRock solution to both technical and business stakeholders, and guide them through their evaluation process. You will also be involved in the creation and presentation of technical marketing assets such as whitepapers and webinars, and be comfortable speaking at industry events.
As a Senior Sales Engineer, you will leverage your expertise to provide influence and direction on possible applications of the ForgeRock Identity solutions that extend beyond the traditional use of an IAM stack. Accordingly, you will help make an impact with an industry-leading technology that is growing quickly and aggressively. You will work with an innovative and smart team, interact with global customers, and interact daily with highly successful technologists.
- Delivery of various pre-sales activities including; developing and planning conceptual solution demonstrations and presentations, providing technical/product guidance to teammates and customers, delivering proof of concepts, and responding to RFXs.
- Provide pre-sales technical guidance to customers and partners, i.e. product demonstrations, proof of concept for proposed solutions, and/or technical workshops
- Work with the sales team to qualify prospects on solution fit and capability mapping
- Hand off pre-sales efforts to a post-sales service delivery team
- Open to travel 15% to 30% as needed
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Creative problem solver
- Excellent communication and customer service skills: verbal, written, and listening/understanding skills
- A consultative, intellectually curious approach
- Experience in selling SaaS / Cloud services
- Proven expertise in developing and delivering effective technical presentations, workshops, customized demonstrations, and proof of concepts
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Able to successfully work with a high level of self-direction
- An understanding of iOS/Android, node.js / Angular / Single Page Applications would be advantageous
- Knowledge of IAM related protocols such as OAuth2, OIDC, SAML, SCIM, LDAP, JSON, LDAP, SQL, etc. would be helpful
- Knowledge and awareness of DevOps, CI/CD technologies such as Docker, & Kubernetes would be helpful
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.