In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Bristol, UK; Grenoble FR; Oslo NO; and Singapore. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock, the innovative global Identity vendor headquartered in San Francisco, CA, is currently hiring for a Senior Staff Software Engineer to join our team in the US, working on extending our platform with code, and a focus on developer experience! If you have a strong software engineering background and want an opportunity to be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company, you will love working in our ultra-casual, life-focused environment where we put the emphasis on providing the tools, benefits and perks in place that allow you to focus on your work while maintaining balance to your life.
- Lead, design and develop large scale, robust, and cutting-edge Java based identity management products
- Lead key areas of product development related workload orchestration, developer experience, and API design
- Provide mentoring and coaching to engineering team
- Managing tasks independently and efficiently to timescales/ plans
- Collaborate closely with support and sustaining teams to help them resolve customer issues
- Direct interaction with ForgeRock open source user and developer communities
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing large scale applications
- Familiarity with RESTful web services, gRPC, and an overall affinity for API-first products
- Expert grounding in modern software engineering practices and design patterns
- Experience with running untrusted code. Whether in the browser or the backend, in-process or in a Docker container
- Experience with workload orchestration patterns
- Expert knowledge of Java is a plus
- Solid understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet
- Possess the desire to learn and curiosity to understand how and why things work
- Good understanding of and experience in Agile methodologies within a fast paced software development environment
- Demonstrate strong collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills
- Comfortable working within distributed global teams
- Degree level qualification in Computer Science/Engineering or related subject
- Expertise with Identity and Access Management
The typical hiring range for this role is $136,500 - $167,000 in annual base compensation. Bonus and commission eligible roles will provide the opportunity to earn additional income based on performance against objectives. Candidate location and qualifications will be assessed to determine final compensation. In addition, our generous total rewards package includes health and wellness benefits, retirement savings plans, risk insurances, paid time off, parental leave, plus other supplemental offerings. For part-timers, your coverage will vary.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.