In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Bristol, UK; Grenoble FR; Oslo NO; and Singapore. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
As a Software Engineer in the ForgeRock Identity Cloud team, you will be helping to provide over a billion people with simple and secure access to the connected world. We have a relentless focus on automation, so you will be writing code on a daily basis, as well as staying up-to-date with cutting edge technologies. Kubernetes and GCP are key for us, and we write most of our code in Golang, although we are a polyglot team where constant learning is vital. You would be joining a genuinely team-based agile environment where people skills really matter. We have retained the startup mentality, but with enough muscle to make a real difference.
- Work as part of a highly agile team, taking part in the full spectrum of team activities including planning, design, implementation, validation, and retrospection.
- Become familiar with the ForgeRock Identity Platform, working together with engineering teams and leadership in order to achieve our strategic goals. You will be focusing particularly on improving automation of our as-a-service offerings by developing software, incorporating services and leveraging tools.
- Use the latest development technologies to build the distributed service automation that operates our online services. Experience in Golang, Kubernetes and SaaS application building are right up our alley.
- Develop and expand our ecosystem of composable, reusable, isolated, single-purpose services, with a keen eye on good API design and usage
- Create highly testable and rock-solid service implementations
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Make important engineering decisions that balance numerous non-engineering factors with technical considerations
- Continuously measure and optimize the performance, effectiveness, and uptime of backend services -- participate in a data-driven culture
- Research, prototype, and implement solutions to thorny data and scale problems using the best available tools
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, continuously working to adapt to ever-evolving customer needs
If you find yourself checking off most of the below, this could be the position for you!:
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes concepts and associated tools such as Kustomize
- Use of modern CI/CD tools for delivery and automation
- A keen interest in security
- Technical know-how of latest Cloud compute technologies, load balancing and scaling, storage, networking, security and virtualization technologies, including administering or operating on cloud-based platforms such as Amazon AWS EC2, Microsoft Azure and Google GCP
- Some familiarity with Linux / UNIX system administration
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.