In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Bristol, UK; Grenoble FR; Oslo NO; and Singapore. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
- Focussed on providing high quality technical support to ForgeRock’s customers to ensure a timely and appropriate response and resolution to any tickets logged.
- Successful candidates will be required to pass appropriate clearance checks to work in this role.
- Direct interaction with ForgeRock customers, responding in a professional and efficient manner, helping them identify and resolve technical issues with ForgeRock products.
- Internal reproduction of the customer problem to enable the development and testing of a resolution.
- Create concise problem definitions for all tickets about the configuration and administration of ForgeRock products, reporting bugs when encountered.
- Participation in escalation calls to brief customer management on support cases and assist in the creation of action plans aiming to solve customer issues.
- Develop customer facing support documentation, when appropriate, to summarise common support issues.
- Collaborate with wider Product Support, Sustaining and Engineering teams to identify root cause and solutions.
- Coaching and mentoring more junior members of the team.
- Ensure best practices are followed and processes are adhered to, especially with regard to ISO27001/9001 compliance, security incidents and data breaches.
- B.S. degree in an Engineering, Technology or Science Discipline, or equivalent experience in a technical application support, developer or QA role.
- Excellent Communication - both verbal and written; support is conducted via a ticketing system and phone.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Solid understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet. You should have a solid knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, SSL and IPv4.
- Considerable experience of working on Linux, Unix, Windows Enterprise Server OS, with mixed skills around administration and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of Java, web containers (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss) and web servers (e.g. Apache, IIS).
- Experience of virtualisation in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
- The ability to be a good listener and to be able to identify the key customer information to identify and reproduce the customer’s problem remotely.
- Cloud-based platform services - AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- DevOps deployments - Docker, Scripting, Kubernetes
- Networking infrastructure - Proxies, Load balancers, Firewalls, Wireshark
- Installing/tuning/code analysis of Java
- Java performance analysis - Heatmaps/jmap/GC
- Directory - LDAP, AD
- Databases - SQL
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.