In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Bristol, UK; Grenoble FR; Oslo NO; and Singapore. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
The Open Banking Sandbox team was put together to enable customers to very quickly build open banking systems using ForgeRock’s ForgeRock Identity Cloud. We are a small, cohesive team that works largely independently, much like a start up within the supportive structure of ForgeRock.
As a Technical Lead in the Open Banking Sandbox SaaS team, you will get a chance to show off your wide ranging skills. Your days will be varied and challenging, but never dull. You will need to have a ‘startup’ mentality, willing to be involved in all areas of the project such as development, devops, requirements gathering and management and the handling of support issues. You will be responsible for ensuring the product develops in a maintainable and extensible way and that development supports the goal of running a reliable, efficient and cost effective SaaS service.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be responsible for development of Spring Web Services, containerising them and deploying them into Kubernetes clusters as part of a SaaS service. You will get the opportunity to work with customers to define requirements and triage support issues. If that’s not enough variety, you will also be involved in prioritising work and planning development of new features, and bug fixes by the team and deploying those features and fixes.
Helping define, plan and build a toolkit that ForgeRock banking customers can use in conjunction with a ForgeRock Identity Cloud subscription to provide a secure Open Banking API to 3rd party developers.
- Overseeing and contributing to the development of Spring Apps in Java using Maven as part of a Sprint team
- Overseeing and contributing the testing of code using unit, integration and functional tests (Java and Kotlin)
- Working with Docker to containerize those apps
- Deploying containers into Kubernetes using helm and CI/CD pipelines
- Managing code and configuration in GitHub
- Reviewing Pull Requests
- Managing new features, bugs and support issues in GitHub and Zendesk
- Working with customers to nail down requirement specifications
- Triaging customer issues
- Prioritising and planning work
If you find yourself checking off most of the below, this could be the position for you!
- Expert knowledge of Java; designing and developing large scale distributed web applications using a microservice architecture
- Knowledge of patterns and architecture won through experience
- Knowledge of good CI/CD practices and sympathy with the aims and motivation behind them
- Experience working on SaaS products and deploying web application containers to kubernetes
- Ability to lead and influence developers and take responsibility for overall quality of the codebase
- Experience of working with customers to define requirements and triage support issues
- Ability to see the product (APIs and code) from the consumer's perspective. Customer focus.
- Knowledge of OAuth2, OpenID Connect and Open Banking specifications
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.