In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock is looking for a Senior Manager of Public Sector Sales Engineering. As a Senior Manager in our highly successful Sales Engineering team, you will help make an impact with an industry-leading technology that is rapidly being adopted across all aspects of the Public Sector market. You will work with an innovative and dynamic team, interact with Federal, State/Provincial, and Higher-Ed organizations and interact daily with an outstanding sales oriented pre-sales team.
The number one rule in the Sales Engineering team is great customer service. Our team members engage with prospective customers and partners on a daily basis on the ForgeRock identity platform and answering any questions they have on the product and troubleshooting any issues that arise. Members of the Sales Engineering team display professional expertise, enthusiasm and a friendly disposition while solving complex problems. You will direct this team, and work with the most strategic customers and partners.
If identity and access management, pre-sales leadership, and the space of Public Sector are your passion, this is the opportunity you have been looking for.
- Lead the Public Sector Sales Engineers in North America, overseeing their efforts to conduct pre-sales activities, and get involved/escalate where necessary in deals, assuring the solution and technical engagement of the team
- Proactive partner of Public Sector RVP of Sales owning and driving Public Sector team approach for Federal standards. Candidate will monitor existing and emerging standards for impact to customer and ForgeRock needs and in turn work with extended team to drive needed approach.
- Liaise with other members of the sales/account management teams, marketing, and business development acting as technical expert, and qualifying prospects on solution fit and delivery needs.
- As needed delivery of solution evangelizing, development and delivery of product demonstrations, responses to RFIs/RFPs, proof of concepts, workshops and producing support materials for other members and clients in collaboration with the Regional Sales and Sales Engineering teams.
- Able to convey customer and Public Sector specific needs to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and other associated teams.
- Leverage and assist with enabling the partner channel to scale your Sales Engineering engagements
- Developing long-term relationships with clients (and partners where appropriate) through managing and interpreting their needs.
- Delivery of various pre-sales activities including; responding to customer requests for information, developing and planning conceptual solution presentations and demonstrations and providing technical/product guidance in meetings
- Coordinate the resolution of identified issues with our partners, internal engineering, and product teams.
- Work with external partners to advocate for ForgeRock products in their solutions and help them with any obstacles they may encounter during their pre-sales activity.
- Promote business-oriented solution selling versus product selling.
- Attend/conduct weekly and monthly pipeline reviews, QBRS, sales execution focused meetings and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement and best practice sharing.
- Present at industry events and forums, representing ForgeRock and our highly innovative platform.
- Open to Travel 25% to 50% as needed, predominantly in the North America but with potential travel to EMEA
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 4+ years’ successfully directing a pre-sales team in a solution-oriented environment, as presales engineer/manager, product manager, or a similar job with a business solution focused background
- 5 to 10 years’ working with Federal agencies (civilian and DoD), State and Local governments, and ideally higher-ed.
- Language skills relevant to North America and understanding of cultural differences
- Be solution-focused, not platform nor product.
- Being able to think outside of the box.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly expanding start-up environment
- A curious and proactive mindset as well as a customer-oriented attitude
- Good interpersonal skills to align and foster positive working relationships across the organization and break down silos where they exist
- Strong understanding of identity and access management
- Has successfully sold on-prem and SAAS solutions
- Installation and configuration with one or more IAM technologies from ForgeRock, Ping, CA, Oracle, IBM, Novell/NetIQ, or similar
- Identity, Authentication, Authorization, User Lifecycle Management/ Provisioning / Governance (IGA) / Workflow / Federation especially preferably in customer or citizen identity.
- Cloud Platforms - AWS, GCP, Azure and associated Federal requirements
- DevOps technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible
- Integration of IAM technologies into COTS and custom applications
- IAM related protocols such as OAuth2, OIDC, SAML, SCIM, LDAP, JSON, LDAP, SQL, etc.
- General networking technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP/S, load balancers, proxies, etc.
- Proven record in developing and delivering effective solution presentations, and organizing and delivering technical solutions, platform, and standards workshops.
- Ability to hire and train new team members
- Capable of working remotely and traveling regularly
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.