In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
We are looking for a highly motivated, Senior Staff Software Engineer to help us build our next generation CICD pipeline. This role requires a developer that can take ideas from concept to reality and work well in a fast-paced, collaborative team of product managers, software engineers, and data scientists in an internationally focused organization.
The ideal applicant will have broad development experience; solid analytical and creative problem-solving skills; be passionate about building prototype and proof-of-concept applications within an inclusive and respectful environment. If you are self-driven, passionate about learning, work well in a collaborative environment and have effective communication skills, then we’d love to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work as part of a highly agile team, taking part in the full spectrum of team activities including planning, design, implementation, validation, and retrospection.
- Become familiar with the ForgeRock Identity Platform, working together with engineering teams and leadership in order to achieve our strategic goals.
- Focus on operating and automating our as-a-service offerings by developing software, incorporating services and leveraging tools. The availability and security of our service will be of paramount importance in your role. Expect to be keeping an ever-watchful eye on latency, performance and capacity.
- Establish relationships, guide practices, overcome complex challenges, and learn each day how best to shape emerging technologies to produce highly reliable, scalable, and supportable solutions.
- Jump in and improve the whole lifecycle of services - from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Improve systems sustainably using automation and evolve systems by leading changes that increase availability and velocity.
- Ability to say No. With clear, understandable conclusions backed by data that show the business the rationale and how to move forward appropriately.
- Debugging of iOS / Android / Web applications and / or SDKs.
- Enhancing our CICD Pipeline tools
- Investigating Test Failures and automating E2E tests
- Integrating the Pipeline with other solutions / tools like: Jenkins / BitBar / CrossBrowserTesting / TestRail / GitHub / Reporting Tools
If you find yourself checking off most of the below, this could be the position for you!
- A background in running mission-critical services in production.
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes concepts.
- Knowledge of mobile development and IDEs.
- Comfortable with Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Linux/UNIX system administration.
- Use of modern CI/CD tools for delivery and automation.
Nice To Have:
- Experience working within a distributed team
- Proficient knowledge of Git and Git tooling
- Agile/Scrum Methodologies
- Experience with application security practices (OWASP Top 10)
- Experience with systems at large scale
- Docker, Kubernetes and VM experience
- Mobile and Web development experience
Why Should You Join Us?
- You will be part of an outstanding team and work with exceptional people
- You will work with the latest mobile and web technologies out there
- You will grow and learn a lot
- We don’t want to maintain the status quo. You will have the opportunity to have a real impact by taking our documentation to the next level. We want to have the best Developer docs on the web and you will be instrumental to make this vision real
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.