In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
We are looking for a highly motivated, Senior Software Engineer to build mobile applications for the next generation Identity platform. This role requires a developer that can take ideas from concept to reality and work well in a fast-paced, collaborative team of product managers, software engineers, and data scientists in an internationally focused organization.
The ideal applicant will have broad development background; solid analytical and creative problem-solving skills; be passionate about building prototype and proof-of-concept applications within an inclusive and respectful environment. If you are self-motivated, passionate about learning, work well in a collaborative environment and have effective communication skills, then we’d love to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop IAM (Identity & Access Management) related mobile applications and tooling
- Work alongside our customers and partners, helping define the functional specifications for how the our SDK will integrate with their applications based on product requirements
- Participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release of the ForgeRock mobile SDK
- Provide developer support to our customers and partners as they design, implement and test their applications using the ForgeRock mobile SDK
- Provide on-going support to help the customer adopt the ForgeRock mobile SDK and to assist if the customer experiences issues.
- Assist customer development teams in performing code reviews to ensure best practice and high-quality code
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the ForgeRock Identity Cloud integration with the ForgeRock SDK
- Thrive in a rapidly changing environment, continuously working to adapt to ever-evolving customer needs
- Pair with other engineers to deliver world-class solutions
If you find yourself checking off most of the below, this could be the position for you!
- Expert in iOS and Android native development
- Background with authentication, authorization and identity management
- iOS Skills: Swift, Objective C, Cocoa
- Android Skills: Java, Android SDK
- Background working in an Agile environment
- Expertise in pulling data from devices and sending back events
- Strong knowledge in debugging, code analysers/profilers and unit testing tools
- Security knowledge, including MFA, OAuth, OIDC, TLS,
- Integration of 3rd party libraries and APIs
- Background with RESTful services
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Nice To Have:
- Background within a distributed team
- Proficient knowledge of Git and Git tooling
- Agile/Scrum Methodologies
- Experience with application security practices (OWASP Top 10)
- Experience with systems at large scale
- Docker, Kubernetes and VM experience
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.