In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
About the Role:
We are looking for an exceptional technical documentation leader to manage and grow our existing writer team. You will be responsible for defining documentation strategy and driving execution. Must have experience with tools and practices for building world class SaaS documentation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading globally distributed team of technical writers forming a clear plan of action for the team.
- Set a vision and strategy for how the documentation will transform over time.
- Treat documentation as a product with clear understanding of user personas and use cases and deliver and transform the documentation in clear alignment of these guiding principles.
- Stay current with latest documentation approaches and trends in how people want to consume documentation.
- Drive consistency and understandability of documentation.
- Defining, driving and evolving product documentation for both cloud and on premise deployment
- Partnering with key stakeholders (Product Management., Product Development, Customer Success, Sales Engineering, etc.) to define processes for delivering appropriate and effective product documentation.
- Thriving in a fast paced and fluid environment to deliver best in class experience for our growing customer base.
- Manage change within the team where necessary to drive to the new vision.
- Discerning the most impactful areas of investment and focusing on these activities.
If you find yourself checking off most of the below, this could be the position for you!
- 5-10+ years’ experience managing a team of technical writers and as a technical writer
- Demonstrated ability to lead, grow and mentor a team of senior technical writers
- Knowledge of multiple documentation frameworks and technologies and ability to choose amongst them to best accomplish objectives
- Can balance multiple tasks and chart a path through competing priorities
- Experience growing and managing technical writer teams for enterprise software
- Work history in security or identity management spaces
- Demonstrated record delivering documentation for SaaS offering
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly.
- Experience with API documentation and developer facing documentation
- Familiarity with agile development environments
- Experience with video content, in-product help, and in-product suggestions a plus
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.