In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
You have a passion for innovation and want to build new products and services in the realm of the identity, especially within access management. You love working with your engineering team, solving difficult problems, defining new business models and transforming vision to product. You have a passion for taking new offerings to market. You know how to build lightweight business cases while working in agile environments that require educated decisions and rapid execution. You prefer to get products in the hands of users as early as possible to get feedback on features and functionality and fail fast! You can filter through client, sales, customer engineering and partner feedback to figure out what makes sense for the vision of the product and for the user. Importantly you’re not afraid to get it wrong and ask for help when you need it. We’re a team and we win together.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build out our next generation product as it applies to extending an identity platform to a hosted cloud environment.
- Develop product strategy, roadmap, and requirements with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, product marketing, and customer support partners
- Participate in aspects of business development and product marketing for your product
- Listening to the demands of the market from customers across the globe
- Collaborate with a team of fantastic engineers & designers
- Create and own your success metrics
- Communicate frequently and clearly with other teams and leaders
- Ruthlessly prioritize your team’s backlog and work across teams to drive work that helps us achieve our vision
- Track emerging industry standards and understand how to leverage them
- Use data driven methods for building requirements and measuring success
If you find yourself checking off most of the below, this could be the position for you!
- Deep knowledge of Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Knowledge of authentication/authorization, or identity management standards/protocols such as Kerberos/NTLM, LDAP,SAML, OpenID Connect, OAuth2, and SCIM 2.0
- Deep understanding of business workflows and automation/integration manual tasks relevant to workforce/ enterprise identity
- Integration expertise with SaaS applications e.g. Salesforce, Office 365
- Background in Public Cloud or related identity and/or security products
- Strong analytical skills paired with a data-informed mindset.
- Partnering with engineering and design teams to define, build, and maintain products
- Translating product strategy into detailed prototypes and stories for agile development
- Deep customer empathy and curiosity
- Passion for solving problems (large and small) - You bring a design thinking mindset
- Great track record of working with engineering and design teams: people want to work with you again
- Outstanding written and verbal communication - Able to work effectively at all levels, with knowledge to be credible in all business situations.
- Self-aware with a strong desire to learn and continuously improve
- Capable of decomposing a big vision into bite-size milestones
- Authentication and authorization products and services expertise
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.