In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
As a specialist Infrastructure/DevOps Engineer at ForgeRock, you will bring a passion for Identity, driven through innovation. As part of a centralized team, and remotely located, your role will be to support our highly effective global sales engineering and sales teams through your contribution to the creation and continued development of our next generation demonstration platform. You will have personal ownership of a modern, sustainable, efficient and highly automated integrated software deployment/provisioning framework.
The Infrastructure/DevOps Specialist is an essential role to achieve the departments goals and vision for its demo platform and demo services. Success in this role will be through the automation in building, testing and deployment of our software and platform components. Enabling activity simplification, the reduction of time and effort involved in deployments, enhanced levels of capability and scalability, as well as a continued improvement in quality and integrity.
You will be an innovative, energetic member of a team that empowers personal, team, and customer success. With a passion for learning, you will develop your knowledge across the ForgeRock platform as well as adjacent technologies, including common patterns of customer ecosystems.
Collaboration is at the heart of this role; you will need to exercise consultative skills to understand infrastructure-based needs, design and prototype a solution and implement this into the core platform framework and underlying processes.
When necessary, you will work with field-based Sales Engineers in establishing efficient, repeatable approaches to building and configuring customer related on-prem/cloud environments for Proof of Value (PoV) or Proof of Concept (PoC) validation activities.
As a strong communicator you will have the opportunity to both build your profile externally, as well as enable the success of others around you through webinars, articles and other mediums.
- Designs, delivers and continuously develops deployment/provisioning capabilities which form an
intrinsic part of our next generation demo platform. Helps facilitate speedy and simple
demonstrations of product and platform capabilities, in alignment with ForgeRock sales strategies
and our customer needs.
- Develops integrations and interoperability with ForgeRock technology partners and relevant
adjacent platforms to drive concise demonstrations, implement configuration automation and
support successful proof of concepts.
- Optimizes the use and scale of underlying technologies to help limit cost of sale expenditure, while
fulfilling demonstration and customer technical proof needs.
- Implements environment and behavioral monitoring/reporting to inform decisions about future
development, as well as environment hygiene.
- Ensures alignment to company security policies and best practice. Work with members of
ForgeRock Enterprise Security to fulfil security audit and testing requirements.
- Fosters close relationships with Sales Engineering regional teams to understand and capture future
needs as well as identifying innovative solutions that fulfill and improve platform use.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4+ years in the creation and operation of automated software provision/deployment solutions
(CI/CD), using common marketplace technologies.
- Demonstrable experience of building adaptive, automated build approaches to support diverse and
continuously evolving needs. Our core product, platforms and services are constantly being
updated and improved, changes and new capabilities need to be continuously factored into our
demo build processes.
- Able to both work self-directed, as well as part of a team. Instinctively works collaboratively with
colleagues to define, design and when required trouble shoot and fix problems. Takes the
initiative to rally relevant skills and knowledge together to find the correct and best solution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to enable Sales Engineers so they can best
leverage tools and methods. Builds and maintains a knowledgebase of expertise, as well as
increasing skills within the SE community.
- Enjoys innovating and improving upon what is already in place. Takes into context the ease of
support, ability to scale, alignment to common industry standards, as well as the technology
trends and preferences of the ForgeRock customer base.
- Previous experience in designing and implementing systems monitoring methods, including
deployment activities. Our demo platform is critical to our sales activities, monitoring data also
provides insight to defining and refining platform roadmaps.
- Demonstrable experience of effective remote working (multi-time zone). Adept at eliciting needs,
as well as explaining methods and approaches to others remotely.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.