In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
We are looking for an accomplished Indirect Tax Manager. Reporting to the Global Head of Tax (based in London), you will lead all day-to-day global indirect tax compliance & reporting processes as well as designing key new initiatives in this area. ForgeRock is building its tax team and you will have the opportunity to help shape the direction of the tax function whilst developing your career.
- Take ownership of operational global indirect tax processes (sales & purchases), partnering with key stakeholders including the Global Head of Tax, the accounting & finance teams. Key areas involve US sales tax and UK VAT.
- Lead a project to re-evaluate global indirect tax compliance solutions with a view to the consolidation of outsourced compliance and more automation.
- Build improved, standardized controls and review procedures including monthly tax to ERP reconciliations.
- Lead on global indirect tax aspects of quarterly consolidated financial reporting and audit procedures (US GAAP).
- Build new processes to monitor changes in global indirect tax laws & business pipeline. Proactively recommend and implement compliance solutions.
- Lead on all indirect tax audits and business requests.
- The continuous evaluation of technology and automation solutions across all indirect taxes.
- Responsible for the evaluation and improvement of the current global tax control framework to ensure SOX compliance on indirect taxes, owning the SOX indirect tax compliance process thereafter.
- Support the Tax team in other key areas of global taxes and tax policy as appropriate.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Several years of US sales tax and/or UK VAT experience with increasing levels of responsibility. It is key that candidates without one discipline level up quickly and adapt to all relevant global indirect tax requirements.
- SOX (or similar) expertise for indirect taxes and a continuous process improvement mindset.
- Can-do, solution-oriented and proactive attitude. The mindset that no job is too big or too small: This an individual contributor role.
- Organized and thorough with the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize.
- Ability to communicate effectively and amicably with multiple stakeholders.
- Educated to degree level.
- Tax or accounting qualification.
- A mixture of public accounting and private industry preferred.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.