In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
The Sr. SOX Compliance Manager will lead the Company’s efforts in creating and managing a formal SOX Compliance program and will be accountable for the day-to-day function of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance efforts, including oversight for establishing and maintaining internal controls, compliance, audits, policies and procedures, implementation of updated controls, and the execution of control testing, ensuring test results are properly documented, and issues are appropriately raised. This position works directly with business process owners to identify SOX controls, including business process re-design, policies, procedures, documentation, evidence evaluation and system enhancements. The incumbent implements multi-disciplinary project plans to comply with SOX and other key financial initiatives, including system and business process components. This role prepares written reports for management on project progress, remediation and other requested topics. You will manage some external consultants to both partners on the design and roll-out of the SOX Compliance program and to execute the control testing. This role, while managing some external consultants and partnering with people across the company, is an individual contributor role and reports to the Sr. Director, Accounting.
- Manage the SOX Compliance program, including evaluating the adequacy of the Company's system of internal controls to ensure the safeguarding and protection of assets from loss, completeness and accuracy of financial information and compliance with policies.
- Coordinate and collaborate with external auditors to ensure audit work can be leveraged to support an efficient annual external audit and ICFR assessment.
- Continuously improve and innovate the SOX program methodology to become more efficient and effective. This includes the strategic deployment of technology to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of control performance and testing.
- Manage, perform, and coordinate control testing performed by external consultants and management attestation to the effectiveness of the control environment.
- Review controls regularly to ensure adequate design. Provide guidance, identify improvements to control design and monitor remediation efforts.
- Create and/or update documentation, including process flowcharts, process narratives, risk and controls matrix and evaluate controls as new systems are developed and/or processes change.
- Execute SOX, internal control and fraud risk training programs for internal stakeholders.
- Develop and communicate SOX program objectives, including annual risk assessment and SOX scoping process, program updates and testing results in both written and verbal updates to senior management.
- Consult on new business initiatives, system implementations, accounting policy changes, personnel changes and acquisitions, and assess the impact of internal controls changes.
- Perform advanced, specialized and/or managerial auditing work in multiple disciplines. Responsible for managing complex audits; performing critical project management duties in the planning, scheduling, coordinating, reviewing and reporting of the work of audit teams; and providing expertise in auditing standards and performance criteria, audit requirements and information technology skills.
- Review relevant current events, trends, risk reports, etc. and summarize/communicate to the broader department through periodic updates.
- Initiate an Enterprise Risk Management assessment.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A mixture of Big 4 public accounting and private industry experience in a large, global public company; tech company (SaaS) is a plus
- Extensive relevant and progressive work background and expertise in risk advisory or audit/attestation
- Detailed knowledge of SOX testing methodologies, risk assessment practices, the COSO Framework, PCAOB Auditing standards and US GAAP
- Expertise in designing, monitoring, and evaluating internal controls and SOX compliance programs for a multinational organization
- Strong systems expertise, including NetSuite
- Experience in documenting business process flows (using a tool like Visio)
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to build effective partnerships across the organization
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) working with cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and influencing skills to drive internal controls strategy across the company
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Expertise in planning, project management and analysis
- Unquestionable integrity and credibility
- Once offices reopen, the ability to periodically travel up to 25% (primarily to Bristol, England)
- Degree in business, finance or accounting
- CPA, CIA and/or CISA certification also preferred
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.