In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
We are looking for an exceptional technical writer to join our existing writing team. We develop technically accurate and complete documentation for our identity and access management web services, wherever they are hosted. Our documentation bridges the gap between our services, API, SDKs, and the standards they support, and our readers, who use ForgeRock software to solve real-world challenges and problems.
You are a self-starter. You thrive on developing your understanding of how complex software works and can be used to get things done, and on sharing that understanding with your readers. You enjoy the challenge of placing just what readers need to know right at their fingertips.
Whilst experience as a technical writer is preferred, we are also interested in candidates who are passionate about writing and are looking to switch careers. Your background could be in working with server-side applications as a system administrator, implementer (DevOps), integrator, or in a technical support role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define, design, create, and maintain core documentation in accord with stakeholders
- Investigate, research, and learn our products and the standards they depend on
- Develop clear examples and demonstrations
- Engage SMEs to inform and to review documentation
- Deliver documentation of cloud-based and on-prem software aimed to different audiences, from newbies to power users
If you find yourself checking off most of the below, this could be the position for you!
- Takes ownership of the work
- Learns unfinished, new, complex software fast with little help
- Skilfully documents software architecture, development, deployment, and maintenance
- Has practice building, installing, configuring, and debugging client and server software
- Knows UNIX/Linux command-line tools and uses them naturally on a daily basis
- Bridges the gap between specifications & standards and user tasks
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate effectively face-to-face and remotely
- Edits copy swiftly and uniformly
- Experience documenting identity and access management applications for power users
- Education in technical publications mechanics from tools to reader experience
- Familiarity with a variety of writing methods and tools
- English as native language
- Experience in creating and maintaining graphics and videos as well as text
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.