In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock is seeking a Chief Information Officer to join our team in San Francisco, CA. The Chief Information Officer will have the responsibility of establishing and delivering IT strategy and capabilities across the enterprise. This includes data analytics and business intelligence, development and support, infrastructure, security and technical services. Reporting to the CFO, the CIO will be responsible for providing oversight and direction to IT and business leaders on strategy, standards, and opportunities for shared services and economies of scale. The CIO is a key contributor to the company’s strategy and planning process and will be responsible for IT operations and business applications. It is critical for the CIO to build strong and productive relationships with all business unit leaders, acting as a true partner and making IT a business enabler.
- Engage with the business leadership to understand business objectives and strategy and determine technology gaps.
- Define and develop the business technology strategy and roadmap, and lead the IT and BizApps teams, and their business partners, in effective execution.
- Evaluate key industry and technology trends and provide thought leadership to the business.
- Improve business processes and support critical business strategies by managing the development, implementation and maintenance of applications and data solutions.
- Ensure strong communication and collaboration with all business units.
- Ensure that all solutions meet security and compliance guidelines and align with disaster recovery guidelines.
- Determine capital investment parameters, priorities and risks for enterprise-wide IT initiatives to maximize the return on investment.
- Hire, develop, evaluate, reward, and retain a highly-qualified team of IT professionals.
- Foster a culture of innovation, transparency and accountability.
- Review, recommend and oversee all vendors and managed service agreements for computing, telecommunications, IT services, software and equipment.
- Work with ForgeRock’s CISO to ensure a build and maintain a comprehensive security program.
- Evaluate and implement relevant new tools and service management frameworks.
- Manage global budget, drive budget efficiency, and work to reduce costs in all areas (tool consolidation, inactive user removal, etc).
- Ensure all public company compliance and standards can be met (role-based information sharing, SOX, etc).
- Manage non-production cloud spend
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 20+ years of professional experience in the IT field and at least 5 years in a senior IT leadership role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information technology or related field from an accredited college or university, a Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong program and project management skills with a proven ability to define strategy and lead an organization from vision to implementation.
- IT leadership experience in a global environment.
- Able to work collaboratively with diverse leaders, communicate an IT vision and strategy across all levels of the organization, and build consensus around key initiatives and projects.
- Broad knowledge of business processes, including disaster recovery, business continuity and risk management.
- Possesses exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written; able to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A team player who favours collaborative approaches when working with internal and external partners.
- Have a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture.
- Proficient in a diverse technology environment (Mac/Windows/Linux).
- Experience in guiding the implementation of agile methods for internal IT teams.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.