Staff Software Engineer
Platform Engineering | FRA - Grenoble Office
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock, the innovative global Identity vendor is currently hiring for a Staff Software Engineer to join our team!
In this role you will play an important part in the development of an integrated platform enabling millions of everyday interactions. You'll learn about how our Directory Services product empowers our customers to succeed in their mission. This will involve working in a collaborative, agile and continuously improving team within an open, flexible and transparent environment based upon a flat-level communication structure.
If you want an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company, you will love working in our life focused, autonomous environment where we put the emphasis on providing the tools, benefits, and perks that allow you to focus on your work while maintaining balance in your life.
What you’ll be working with:
- Java 11 and reactive programming techniques
- Git, Maven
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Standards such as HTTP, LDAP, OAuth2 and OIDC
What you’ll be doing:
- Contribute to the design and development of large-scale, robust and cutting-edge Java-based identity management products
- Work closely with product management and architects to improve the products and develop new features for ForgeRock's Directory Services products
- Lead key areas of future product development
- Enable successful cloud deployments and implement new standards
- Manage tasks independently and efficiently to timescales/plans
- Collaborate closely with support and sustaining teams to help resolve customer issues
If you find yourself checking off most of the below, this could be the position for you!
- Strong grounding in modern software engineering practices and design patterns
- Solid knowledge of Java, including designing and developing large-scale applications
- Demonstrate strong collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills
- Possess the desire to learn and curiosity to understand how and why things work
- Solid understanding and knowledge of Agile methodologies within a fast-paced software development environment
- Comfortable working within distributed global teams
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.