Deal Desk Specialist
Finance & Accounting | US - Austin, TX - Remote or US - Remote
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
The AMER’S Deal Desk Specialist will report to the Senior Director of Global Deal Desk and will support the ForgeRock AMER’S sales teams. This position will provide support throughout the deal cycle, from quote creation and approval, through order booking in Salesforce.com. This role will work across multiple departments, with the Snr. Deal Desk Managers, and the US-based Sales Operations team.
Success in the role requires a team player approach, ability to work across departments with disparate needs, creativity and analytical thinking to proactively identify new and different process improvement approaches and work well under pressure. This role can be based in Austin or US Remote.
- Join the deals desk function as an integral team member. The deals desk function is a trusted business partner in support of the field sales team and manages and owns the quote-to-cash process.
- Provide direct deals desk support for the US region and from time to time, international sales opportunities (EMEA & APAC).
- Complete and maintain accurate records of opportunities, approved quotes, and deal-related communications
- Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy and consistency in order management
- Work with senior staff to provide ad hoc reports and execute data clean-up projects
- Review and approve all customer transactions prior to booking, including responsibility for all renewals
- Book orders for software licensing offerings
- Work closely with the Senior Deal Desk Manager and other Deal Desk members of the team
- Respond to, manage, and facilitate exception approval requests, including special pricing, legal terms, or deal structures in a timely and efficient manner from receipt to resolution
- Provide input, guidance and approvals on deal structure; support sales in evaluating deals and ensuring adherence to revenue recognition policies.
- Drive approvals from internal, cross-functional stakeholders for non-standard terms and conditions.
- Partner with the legal team in contract negotiations with the goal of limiting financial risk and exposure to the business.
- Partner with the finance/revenue recognition team in contract negotiations with the goal of limiting financial risk and exposure to the business.
- Design and provide local training and enablement to the field sales teams to improve efficiency, reduce sales cycle times and drive higher sales productivity, including on-boarding and continuous training on quoting and closing deals
- Working with management and the wider teams to drive operational efficiency and input into as well as sometimes co-owning process improvements
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of working as: 1) an integral team player; 2) in a specialist/senior specialist/deal facilitator/order management role in deals desk, or sales operations with Field Sales in structuring or booking deals.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in enterprise software / software-as-a-service licensing models and revenue recognition policies
- Strong value-add expertise in helping sales to structure and guidance to maximise deal revenue and balance profitability; as well as foresight in mitigating delays in sales cycles, through strong internal stakeholder collaboration
- University degree or demonstrable equivalent background.
- Proficient in the use of customer relationship management and product quoting tools.
- Exceptional business acumen and customer-centric focus.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation skills to effectively facilitate decisions and achieve favorable outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills; ability to work cross-functionally and with senior management.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritize with a positive, can-do attitude.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.