Senior Deal Desk Manager
Finance & Accounting | UK – London Office
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
We are looking for an accomplished Deal Desk Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Deal Desk, this is a strategic role working as a trusted business partner in support of the field sales team. You will be an integral part of the team managing and owning the quote-to-cash process as we accelerate our growth at this crucial stage in our company’s development.
- Provide direct deals desk support for the EMEA & APJ and as needed by the business, from time to time, international sales opportunities.
- Review and approve all customer transactions before booking and book orders for software licensing offerings.
- Reply to, manage, and facilitate exception approval requests, including special pricing, legal terms, or deal structures in a timely and efficient manner from receipt to resolution.
- Provide input, guidance and approvals on deal structure; working closely with sales in evaluating complex deals and ensuring adherence to revenue recognition policies.
- Negotiate commercial terms and conditions with customers on behalf of the sales team and the business. Drive approvals from internal, cross-functional stakeholders for non-standard terms and conditions.
- Partner with the legal team in contract negotiations to limit financial risk and exposure to the business.
- Partner with the finance/revenue recognition team in contract negotiations to limit financial risk and exposure to the business.
- Provide local training and enablement to the field sales teams to improve efficiency, reduce sales cycle times and drive higher sales productivity, including on-boarding and continuous training on quoting and closing deals.
- Work with management and the broader teams to drive operational efficiency and input into as well as sometimes co-owning process improvements.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Practical hands-on background as 1) an integral team player; 2) in a manager/senior manager role in deals desk, sales operations or sales with Field Sales in structuring complex deals.
- Extensive knowledge and background in enterprise software / software-as-a-service licensing models and revenue recognition policies
- Able to demonstrate a practical background in adding value helping sales to structure and guidance to maximise deal revenue and balance profitability; as well as foresight in mitigating delays in sales cycles, through strong internal stakeholder partnership
- Higher Education qualification or demonstrable equivalent practical background.
- Proficient in the use of customer relationship management and other quoting tools.
- Exceptional business acumen and customer-centric focus.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong negotiation skills to effectively facilitate decisions and achieve favourable outcomes.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to work cross-functionally up to senior management.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritise with a positive, can-do attitude.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.