Principal Software Engineer
Autonomous Engineering | US - San Francisco, CA - Office
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
The ForgeRock Autonomous Engineering team is building the next generation of identity and access management powered by AI/ML approaches. The team is rapidly evolving the Autonomous Identity solution to address key use cases in cybersecurity, consumer privacy and regulatory compliance. Design and develop software capabilities related to storage, processing and query of large data sets.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design data and prediction pipelines for Autonomous Identity, Autonomous Access and Identity Governance products.
- Lead data persistence and query design for numerous identity use cases including traceability, history, context, authorization etc.
- Develop persistent and query scaling that accounts for single-data-center and multi-data-center clusters.
- Collaborate with security engineers, data scientists and other product groups to evaluate data pipeline requirements and boundaries.
- Design clean abstractions and API specifications to implement customer use cases
- Write efficient unit and integration tests to automate quality and the release pipeline
- Build modular code emphasizing readability, security, and clean dependency management
- Create data pipelines that efficient transform raw data into meaningful insights and predictions
- Leverage continuous delivery tools to securely deploy microservices to various environments and ensure SLAs for uptime, latency and throughput across multiple data centers.
If you find yourself checking off most of the below, this could be the position for you!
- Expertise in designing and supporting large production clusters of Cassandra/MongoDB
- Firm grasp of approaches to data partitioning and query design.
- Solid understanding of tradeoffs between relational and noSQL models.
- Proficient in search and querying using ElasticSearch
- Experience with data security both at-rest and in-transit.
- Experience with index lifecycle management.
- Strong understanding of data pipeline and scalable cloud-native ETL technologies (Spark/Dataflow/Beam/Nifi)
- Deep knowledge of production concerns for both single-data-center and multi-data-center storage and index clusters.
- Experience with Test Driven Development covering Unit, Integration and API tests.
- Willingness, when needed, to do UI, Dev-Ops, CI/CD, Documentation any development tasks need to get still done.
- Multi-tenant SaaS experience is a big plus.
- Knowledge of cyber security, AI/ML modeling, Identity and Access management solutions a plus.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.