HR Business Partner Director
Human Resources | US – Austin Office
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
The Business Partner role will partner directly with customer groups, specifically the Product, Customer Success and CTO organizations within ForgeRock to provide strategic HR counsel and guidance. The HR Business Partner will demonstrate a broad scope of knowledge and expertise, and contribute to the day-to-day HR activities of the Company. This position is responsible for performing a variety of HR functions including handling of employee life cycle activities, employee relations, performance management, and compliance. To be successful, the HR Business Partner will be expected to understand ForgeRock’s business, culture, and competition, while serving as a generalist to do what it takes to get the job done. The role is based in Austin, Texas.
- Provide consultation and coaching to employees and management within designated customer groups to drive alignment, culture, and global performance
- Provide a full range of generalist services to the organization within the HR Operations model
- Assist managers and employees in understanding and applying HR tools, policies, and procedures in order to maximize employee performance, achieve organizational effectiveness, improve employee engagement, and ensure legal compliance
- Integrate into customer groups by attending team meetings, events, etc.
- Evaluate and resolve complex employee relations issues
- Work closely with the People Operations team members to implement HR processes and transactions to support employee and manager-generated requests
- Partner with customer groups and Talent Acquisition team to forecast staffing needs and manage hiring opportunities and business needs
- Partner with the People Operations team members to assist with mobility and immigration concerns within customer groups
- Identify gaps and provide training on a variety of subjects, measure success, and ensure customer group’s needs are met
- Assist global HR team with ad hoc projects and tasks
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in HR or Business field preferred, or equivalent background in a fast-paced office environment.
- 10+ years generalist experience in the following disciplines: employee relations, performance management, compensation & benefits, mobility programs, talent acquisition, diversity programs, HR systems
- 5+ years practical knowledge as a business partner, or the equivalent
- Excellent problem-solving skills and organizational acumen
- Self-motivated, able to manage own priorities with high integrity
- Expertise in working with an international employee base with diverse cultures and a wide range of stakeholders
- Proven ability to build rapport and strong relationships through extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Apps (Spreadsheets, Presentations, Documents, Forms), HRIS tools, Box cloud document services
- Ability to travel to multiple international locations, at times with limited notice
- Flexible working hours to cater to stakeholders in different time zones
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.