Senior Director, Accounting
Finance & Accounting | US - San Francisco Office
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
The Sr. Director, Accounting will manage North American Accounting operations and the reporting of global, consolidated results. The Sr. Director, Accounting will have deep SEC Reporting, Technical and Operational Accounting experience in a large company, multi-region, multi-currency environment. The Sr. Director, Accounting will also have experience managing, or partnering heavily with, global compensation, equity administration and SOX Compliance and have a continuous improvement focus and seek ways to support the transformation of accounting operations (both process and systems) from a reporter of accurate and timely historical data to a trusted and sought-after business partner. This position will manage a small team and reports to the VP, Global Controller.
- Manage the North American monthly close activities, Global Compensation and Equity Administration functions.
- Manage corporate accounting functions including stock-based compensation accounting, earnings per share reporting and consolidated cash flow statements.
- Assist in the development and ongoing refinement of a global, monthly close calendar and close monitoring process.
- Coordinate with the International Accounting team on the monthly consolidation process.
- Manage the preparation of the consolidated monthly board package.
- Manage the Technical Accounting process to ensure all significant and/or unique transactions are appropriately researched and technical accounting memos are prepared and reviewed.
- Monitor new accounting pronouncements and coordinate the company’s adoption efforts.
- Key participant in the annual audit process and development of enhanced quarterly reporting processes.
- Assist in the development and rollout of a SOX-compliant internal control framework and program.
- Incorporate best practices in a continuous improvement mindset across all owned business processes and ensure systemic tools are being fully leveraged in order to increase reliance on system (versus manual) controls.
- Manage, mentor and coach a small team.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 12+ years of related experience, with increasing levels of responsibility and seniority
- A combination of both private industry and public accounting experience
- At least 5 years of experience at a global, multi-national, publicly-traded company with annual revenues > $3B and market cap > $10B
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting
- CPA required
- Strong SEC Reporting experience including with registration statements, responding to SEC comment letters and acquisition 8-Ks with pro forma financial statements
- Prior ownership of, or strong partnership, with equity administration and SOX Compliance teams
- Subject matter expert on stock-based compensation, earnings per share and cash flow statement reporting with significant, foreign currency subsidiary operations encompassing multiple currencies; particular technical accounting strength in areas of debt and equity
- Strong systems experience including ERP, close monitoring tools, equity administration and payroll
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.