Software Engineer - Release Sustaining
Sustaining | UK - Bristol Office
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
Working and collaborating closely with other Global Support and Sustaining team members to ensure a consistent and collaborative approach to delivering high-quality releases to ForgeRock customers. Following the direction of the Release Sustaining Lead, the Sustaining team strives to introduce and maintain best practices to meet the needs of the business and of ForgeRock customers.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with Sustaining Lead to prioritise and distribute workload across the global team in line with customer and business requirements
- In collaboration with other Sustaining team members, work to improve tools and processes with a focus on automation
- Direct interaction, when appropriate, with ForgeRock customers, helping them identify and resolve complex technical issues with ForgeRock products
- Provide regular feedback to development, highlighting gaps in functionality, usability issues, and general level of serviceability of the products
- Ensure bug verification, fixes, backports are managed to the highest quality
- Manage backports in accordance with ForgeRock End of Service Life Policy (EOSL), managing and reporting on exceptions
- Participation in planning content, schedule, and quality of Sustaining and Patch releases
- Developing/coding/testing resolutions to customer problems, working with Engineering to ensure they are integrated into future releases
- Participation in escalation calls to brief customer management on support cases and assist in the creation of action plans aiming to solve customer issues
- Developing customer-facing support documentation to summarize common support issues and contribute to the self-support materials available to customers
- Participation in Engineering calls and sprint reviews to remain informed about the latest changes to the implementation
If you find yourself checking off most of the below, this could be the position for you!
- Background across various direct customer mediation roles
- Strong development skills in Java/J2EE web development; proven record of delivering quality, robust, comprehensive code solutions
- Experience with performance analysis
- Solid understanding of Internet technologies, specifically protocols such as: HTTP, SSL/TLS, IPv4, XML
- Strong working knowledge of Windows, Mac & Linux with varied skills around administration and troubleshooting
- Understanding of SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect
- Familiarity with Identity and Access Management systems
- Active Directory domain administration and PowerShell scripting
- System Performance tuning such as JVM tuning and DB tuning
- Cloud, PaaS, SaaS technologies
- DevOps, containerization, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
- Presentation, coaching and mentoring
- Demonstrated strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Excellent communication - both verbal and written
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.