Commercial & Privacy Solicitor
Legal | UK - Bristol Office
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock is looking for highly motivated Solicitor with general commercial / technology / data protection experience gained from a respected law firm or in house legal team. You should have a good grounding in technology and IP, a sound understanding of commercial contract law and previous exposure to data protection law.
The role will support a growing legal team by supporting legal operations globally, primarily by reviewing and negotiating vendor and other contracts (50%) and supporting the Chief Privacy Counsel (50%) with the development and oversight of ForgeRock’s privacy program. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the company’s success. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop extensive knowledge and skills sets in both the commercial and privacy sphere at a cutting-edge tech company in the process of launching nascent cloud solutions, all working closely with the Chief Privacy Counsel and the Regional General Counsel, who both take mentoring and development seriously.
- Review vendor and procurement agreements, revise and negotiate various commercial agreements
- Establish review processes to mitigate risk during contract performance
- Review Requests for Proposals and Requests for Information for legal provisions and document exceptions taken pursuant to company policies
- Maintain contract administration/management process and files to ensure the smooth flow of contract execution
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource on company policies and procedures, particularly privacy related
- Manage data protection aspects of supplier and customer agreements including drafting and negotiations
- Assist with: privacy aspects of customer RFPs/RFIs; data subject rights requests; data breaches / incidence response; the design and release of privacy awareness/training programmes; and with wider international privacy projects
- Special projects and other ad hoc duties as requested
- Travel within and beyond the UK
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Solicitor with 1 year+ post qualification experience
- Excellent judgment, self-starting with a strong work ethic
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously and proactively work cross functionally with internal teams including finance, deals desk, marketing, product management and sales
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to work with various functions and levels within an organization
- Demonstrated ability to contribute immediately in a challenging and fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously to complete tasks accurately, on schedule, and with minimal supervision
- Must be comfortable supporting the needs of a growing legal team
- Must possess great attention to detail and superior drafting ability
- Must have a good sense of humor and able to stay calm in a dynamic sales environment
- In-House Experience, particularly international experience/experience in a tech company
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Good understanding of GDPR / international data protection laws and the practical application of those laws (preferred but not essential as extensive training assistance will be provided)
- Experience working on global matters
- Exceptional customer facing, positive negotiation skills
- Foreign language(s)
- Ability to start at short notice
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.