Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Corporate Marketing | US – San Francisco Office
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
Join us as we pursue our vision to make digital identity accessible, usable and valuable to everyone and everything. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At ForgeRock, we're committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other's success.
As the Senior Director, Corporate Communications, you will lead a hardworking team of communications professionals to scale the ForgeRock story as we enter the next phase of our high-growth journey. You will successfully promote the best of ForgeRock to customers, influencers, and stakeholders, building meaningful engagement and positioning ForgeRock as a recognized and respected global voice. In this role you will manage public relations, social media, executive and crisis communications, internal communications, thought leadership programs, video storytelling, and the talented teams and agencies that make these programs possible. You will be a driven and engaged senior leader with a successful track record of building and leading communications programs globally. Reporting to the SVP of Corporate Marketing, you must have experience across public relations, social media, executive communications, crisis communications, and thought leadership campaigns, as well as advising executive leadership. The position is based at ForgeRock’s headquarters in San Francisco, California and is a fantastic opportunity for the right leader to join a fast-growing, dynamic and market-leading enterprise technology company.
The Senior Director, Corporate Communications will focus on the following responsibilities:
- Define the Corporate Communications vision and strategy, and lead the team to deliver extraordinary results
- Proactively build communications campaigns to advance the company's mission, strategy, results and culture
- Lead an experienced global media relations team to deliver breakthrough PR across business and trade media
- Develop thoughtful narratives and raise the profiles of executive leaders through our Executive Communications function
- Expand social media reach and engagement, and develop authentic influencer relationships across a broad spectrum of social channels
- Serve as Company spokesperson as needed
- Inspire, build, and lead a strong team by coaching and developing existing team members
- Bring strong vision and leadership to evolve the function by building new programs and developing required skills
Required Skills & Qualifications:
15+ years of B2B corporate marketing and communications leadership/management experience, including:
- Direct experience in enterprise software industry and SaaS
- Demonstrated expertise in driving multi-channel awareness and establishing a corporate voice
- Strong communicator, oral and written, with confidence to develop and present ideas + Balance of strategic vision and tactical execution
- High degree of creativity, flexibility, energy and enthusiasm
- Adept at managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent planning, organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated experience developing communications strategy and tactics, and making recommendations as it relates to new situations
- Proven experience with change management and organizational transformation
- BA or equivalent experience
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.