Major Account Executive (Territory: ASEAN – Emerging Markets)
Sales | Singapore Office
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
Reporting to the Managing Director, ASEAN, this is a strategic sales role as we accelerate our growth at this crucial stage in our company’s development. You will be tasked with driving sales within your region, working within a quarterly cycle.
ForgeRock’s growth now requires repeatable success. You will have evidence of solution selling and success, with experience in building extraordinary customer relationships and role modeling your behaviors within a team. The ability to leverage the partner community, architect solutions and reach into a well-established network is required elements for future success.
In order to acquire, retain and extend customer relationships, you will be a high performer who uses data, previous experience and current feedback to finesse your approach. Focused on the work needed to be done, and culturally conscious of the way to do the work, you will be constantly aware of the true measurements of success. Your mind set should be passionate, authentic and hungry, with a natural ability to find the best opportunities and to drive them to successful conclusion.
- Position ForgeRock as the company of choice for Identity & Access Management within the Financial Services/Banking industry and other Key Verticals such as Telco, Government and Media in ASEAN.
- Creates, implements, measures and reviews an individual plan that drives achievement of performance goals aligned to the Regional sales strategy
- Position and articulate ForgeRock’s value proposition to strategic sector customers, with a view to drive business value to these customers and therefore maximizing the business opportunity for ForgeRock
- Be “the” visible contact point for the relevant FSI/Banking customers in ASEAN, within ForgeRock
- Ability to work remotely of the main ForgeRock Hubs and to engage the relevant support functions/management for customer interactions
- Negotiate and close Strategic and complex enterprise contracts with the support of global partners
- Develops accounts utilizing a value selling approach and account planning
- Reports on sales activity and forecasts to senior management
- Prepares indicative subscription pricing and customer offers, including reviewing broader opportunities such as training and professional services modules, and leads Request for Proposal responses
- Identifies and pursues opportunities to expand business activities within areas of responsibility
- Plans and controls the expense associated with area of responsibility even if not responsible for overall cost center
- Establishes working relationships with external parties which support the achievement of business goals
- Complies with all relevant systems and procedures
- Provides customer feedback to marketing, customer success, product management and engineering teams
- Coaches/mentors new team members as requested by the RVP
- Accurately forecasts and achieves sales targets
- Identifies and allocates appropriate resources to opportunities
- Utilizes partner network pro-actively
- Works collaboratively to acquire additional/specialist resources as required, including legal, finance and marketing
- Has established sector-related Decision maker contacts in FSI and Banking as priority, but also across Telco, Government and Media verticals.
- Has a clear understanding of solution selling to FSI
- Experience with other Enterprise segments, as the role might cover some private customers across ASEAN.
- Builds relationships with customers (internal or external) as necessary – previous executive engagement and network is essential to the success of this role
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven track record dealing with the strategic buyers in the FSI/Banking Sector in Emerging markets such as Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia and Laos.
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA desirable but not essential) or equivalent work experience
- Expertise in technology sales, preferably software and management of FSI/Banking customers.
- Results oriented with multiple years meeting or exceeding quota within the FSI/Banking market
- Sustainable track record of signing strategic and large projects > $1M with a long and complex sales cycles
- Major Account Executive to communicate with prospective customers in the assigned territory. Proficiency in Vietnamese/Malay is a must.
- At least 10 years of experience in solution sales and 6 years of experience in the FSI/Banking industry with access to the relevant decision makers
- Deep knowledge of the relevant key drivers of change in the industry
- Experience in the security/Identity market a plus
- Partner knowledge: Experience in working with partners/SI’s to sell with/sell through the solution
- Trained and experienced in Value Selling and account planning Methodologies.
- A self-starter and entrepreneur, who is able to drive his business without a large back office by utilizing the distributed team of ForgeRock
- Hunter mentality
- Strong Networker
- Good interpersonal skills to align and foster positive working relationships across the organization
- Good communicator and team player
- Travel required
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!