Senior UI Engineer
Engineering | US – Vancouver Office
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior UI Engineer to build user interfaces for a next generation Identity platform. This role requires a Front-End Developer that can take ideas from concept to reality and work well in a fast-paced, collaborative team of product managers, software engineers, and data scientists in an internationally focused organization.
The ideal applicant will have strong communication skills, solid analytical and problem-solving skills, and be passionate about quality, usability, and performance. If you’re an Engineer with proven experience designing and developing innovative, intuitive, and beautiful interfaces that people love, we need your help to push the boundaries of user interface design and bring the most innovative Identity platform concepts to life.
- Collaborate closely with product management, architects, and customers to translate use cases and requirements into simple responsive user interfaces
- Help lead the development of the unified platform UI
- Work independently on development tasks
- Collaborate closely with support and sustaining teams to understand how our customers interact with the products
- Support and manage UI team members where required
- Coach and mentor other members of the UI team
- Direct input into the design and implementation of modern web applications
- Interact with ForgeRock open source user and developer communities
- Work with distributed global teams
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 8+ years experience of UI development
- Strong experience with UI Application Development (Single-Page Applications)
- Developing and testing against Chrome, Firefox, Safari and mobile browsers. Node.js nice to have
- Experience with Unit and Functionally Testing UIs
- Strong competency with RESTful web services
- Exposure to Docker and Kubernetes is desirable but not essential
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet
- Solid ground in modern software engineering best practices
- Desire to learn and curiosity to understand how and why things work
- degree in an Engineering or Science Discipline or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated strong collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.