IT | US - San Francisco Office
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock’s internal IT team is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting the technology infrastructure at ForgeRock. This includes global networks, telephony, video conferencing systems, physical server hardware, virtual servers, cloud-based systems, application support, and end user devices. The technology supported by the team is used by every part of the business and underpins our entire software development process.
We are searching for motivated IT Specialist to join our team. As an IT Specialist, they will be responsible for quickly and dynamically troubleshooting issues with a friendly and outgoing personality. This is 60-70% client-facing and 30-40% server/backend system administration. We’re searching for someone who’s passionate about customer experience, a great communicator, is highly motivated, and has a genuine interest and passion for the IT field.
This person works as a member of a globally distributed team of talented technicians and engineers within ForgeRock IT. We will work together to deliver excellence to the company, with a focus on outstanding customer experience and delivery.
- Provide Excellent Frontline Support: As a member of ForgeRock’s service desk team, your primary responsibility will be to provide frontline support to ForgeRock employees and contractors. You’ll leverage your troubleshooting skills and experience supporting Mac, Windows and Linux computers, G Suite and other common applications as you respond to requests or incidents received through a range of channels (in-person, email, Slack, ticketing systems, etc). You’ll focus on resolving incidents, problems, or requests in a timely manner with a goal of providing a first-time fix. You’ll ensure the work is recorded with the required level of detail in the ticketing system to support metrics and trend analysis.
- On/Off Boarding: An employee’s experience during the on-boarding process sets the tone for their career at ForgeRock. Because of this, you will work with your teammates in IT and around the company to provide excellence in the onboarding process. Swift and consistent offboarding is also important, as it’s a key part of our overall security program. Discretion and the ability to handle confidential information is critical to the success of the IT team.
- Grow and Learn: ForgeRock is a dynamic environment, with technology changes happening rapidly across all parts of the business. You will need to be adaptable to change, and be constantly learning as you continue to enhance and grow your ability to support a diverse, global customer base who have varying levels of technical skill.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Passionate about helping others with technology challenges
- Expertise supporting Mac laptops, Windows and Linux laptops
- Networking skills to troubleshoot issues
- Understanding of VoIP communications and troubleshooting
- Experience supporting video conference hardware and software
- Experience with device/asset management software
- Familiarity with G Suite
- Familiarity with JAMF, Meraki
- Basic shell script coding skills
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.