Senior Product Manager
Product Management | US – San Francisco Office
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
You have a passion for innovation and want to build new products in the realm of the identity, especially through cloud offerings. You love solving difficult problems, defining new business models and transforming vision to product. You have a passion for taking new offerings to market. You know how to build lightweight business cases while working in agile environments that require educated decisions and rapid execution. You prefer to get product in the hands of users as early as possible to get feedback on features and functionality and fail fast! You can filter though client, sales, customer engineering and partner feedback to figure out what makes sense for the vision of the product and for the user. Importantly you’re not afraid to get it wrong and ask for help when you need it.
- Build out our next generation product as it applies to extending an identity platform to a hosted cloud environment. Your focus will initially be on SDKs and cross-platform solutions.
- Develop product strategy, roadmap, and requirements with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, product marketing, and customer support partners
- Participate in aspects of business development and product marketing for your product
- Collaborate with a team of fantastic engineers & designers
- Create and own your success metrics
- Communicate frequently and clearly with other teams and leaders
- Ruthlessly prioritize your team’s backlog and work across teams to drive work that helps us achieve our vision
- Use data driven methods for building requirements and measuring success
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 5-10+ years of experience in product management roles or equivalent
- Must have expertise in customer identity, as-a-service models, SDKs
- Strong analytical skills paired with a data-informed mindset
- Experience partnering with engineering and design teams to define, build, and maintain products
- Experience translating product strategy into detailed prototypes and stories for agile development
- Deep customer empathy and curiosity
- Passion for solving problems (large and small) - You bring a design thinking mindset
- Great track record of working with engineering and design teams: people want to work with you again
- Outstanding written and verbal communication - Must be able to work effectively at all levels, with knowledge to be credible in all business situations.
- Self-aware with a strong desire to learn and continuously improve
- Capable of decomposing a big vision into bite-size milestones
- Experience with authentication and authorization methods, protocols and standards
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.