Senior IAM Technical Consultant
Services | EMEA - Remote
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock, the innovative Identity vendor headquartered in San Francisco, CA, is currently hiring for a Senior Technical Consultant to join our global services team!
At ForgeRock we have a network of partners who carry out the installation and implementation projects to deploy the ForgeRock platform for our customers. As a ForgeRock Senior Technical Consultant, you will be responsible for technical leadership, mentoring, and guidance to our customers and partners on the best practices for deploying the ForgeRock Identity Platform. The role is varied at many levels, through activities, interacting with different customers, at different locations, in different stages of implementations, and using different parts of the platform. As such this role will require availability to travel up to 70% of the time. Often you will be the sole ForgeRock representative onsite in a challenging customer situation. Becoming a trusted technical advisor to our customers and partners will be a key factor for success.
- The delivery of technical consulting to ForgeRock partners and customers. This includes mentoring, hands on implementation assistance, customer visits, analysis and report writing.
- Mentoring and assisting in the development of internal and external technical resources.
- Assist the Support and Sustaining team with issues requiring deployment expertise.
- Developing materials for the delivery of technical consulting (e.g., best practices, report templates, delivery guides, knowledge base articles)
- Become an active member of the ForgeRock community: writing blog posts, wiki articles and generally evangelising ForgeRock software and technology
- Attending ForgeRock and community events
- Assist the Sales and Pre-Sales teams regarding technical consulting delivery and implementation services.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 7+ years’ experience working in a consulting capacity with a minimum of 5 years working directly in the Identity and Access Management space.
- 5+ years System Integration and implementation experience in the Identity and Access Management space
- Experience of ForgeRock Identity Platform software (or ancestors thereof) highly desirable.
- Experience of TCP/IP networking, Virtual/Cloud Machines and network security (TLS, HTTPS)
- 2+ years’ Java platform experience (development experience preferred).
- Experience of leading technical implementation teams advantageous.
- Experience of working within a distributed team across multiple time zones advantageous.
- Degree in science discipline (Computer Science preferred, Masters advantageous)
- Excellent communication - both verbal and written: your content will to help support our worldwide customer base and partner network.
- Skills with DevOps best practices including deployment automation tools, CI/CD and practical hand-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes advantageous
- Self-motivated, willing to take initiative, organized, able to work independently and manage communications appropriately
- Availability to travel up to 50-70% of the time.
- Fluent in German
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!