Senior Performance Engineer
Engineering | US - Vancouver Office
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
As a member of the performance engineering team in Vancouver you will perform in a horizontal role working on the ForgeRock Identity and Web Access Management platform. Working closely with the engineering and customer facing teams, your ability to understand, troubleshoot and profile complex deployments in customer like environments will be critical to our success in driving the performance and scale of this integrated software stack. ForgeRock platform satisfies the most rigorous performance requirements across many industries, ranging from modern telecom and financial services to large-scale consumer-facing applications, Cloud and IoT.
- Creating and executing software performance testing strategies for Identity Management products
- Conduct performance tests, define metrics, analysis and present test results in a written format
- Plan approach for regression, baseline performance comparison and large scale benchmark testing
- Actively evaluate tools, frameworks and technologies geared towards performance engineering
- Lead the change to support continuous integration with automation solutions for performance in the cloud
- Analyze performance results and troubleshoot to identify bottlenecks and potential optimizations
- Perform performance profiling and optimization of java applications, optionally fix issues
- Help determine configurations for optimal performance on bare-metal, virtual machines or containers
- Identify type of performance tests needed based on business and technical requirements
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of modern load generation /measurement software
- Ability to write tests in scripting or programming languages like Python, Java or Scala
- Experience in performance testing of LDAP, Java and Web applications
- Experience troubleshooting end to end environment and configuration issues
- Experience with Java stack tuning and debugging
- Ability to drill down into profiling and monitoring tools and point out performance bottlenecks and issues
- Proficiency with JVM internals as they relate to performance tuning and memory management
- Solid grounding in modern software engineering practices and design patterns
- Solid understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet
- Some experience of running large scale performance tests in the cloud, especially on Kubernetes
- Possess the desire to learn and curiosity to understand how and why things work
- Demonstrate strong collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills
- Comfortable working within distributed global teams
- 8+ years experience in Java performance profiling and optimization
- 5+ years software development experience with Java
- 5+ years experience in Performance Engineering
- Expertise with identity management
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.