SVP, Asia – Pacific – Japan
Sales | Singapore Office
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock is currently seeking an experienced sales and geography leader for the Asia-Pacific-Japan region. This Senior Vice President will be responsible for driving the overall go-to-market strategy and execution for the region to drive sales and revenue performance, predictability, and scalability. Responsibilities will include organization design, planning, reporting, quota setting, and pipeline management in order to ensure the region’s repeatable success. This individual will directly manage the regional sales leadership and personal as well as have matrixed responsibility for all go-to-market activity in the region including sales engineering, sales development, customer success managers and marketing. This individual will preferably be located in Singapore but other locations will be considered. Today, the ForgeRock APJ business is experiencing solid growth and is centered in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Indonesia but we are looking to extend into additional markets including Japan, Malaysia and the Philippines in 2020 and beyond.
- Create, implement and measure a regional APJ go-to-market strategy and operational plan that drives achievement of business goals aligned to overall ForgeRock strategy
- Align regional GTM planning with the global organization and strategy, represent the APJ region and advocate regional requirements during global planning sessions.
- Lead key GTM activities in the region including territory planning, account planning, quota setting, opportunity inspection, pipeline management, account reviews, forecast calls etc.
- Advise and coach the regional go-to-market teams around how to position and articulate ForgeRock’s value proposition at Enterprise customers and partners
- Identify and pursue opportunities to expand business activities within areas of responsibility including evaluating and expanding into new territories.
- Drive ForgeRock’s regional partnership strategy across major GSI’s and boutique partners.
- Represent ForgeRock as our regional leader in external-facing speaking and press opportunities.
- Plan and control the expense associated with area of responsibility even if not responsible for overall cost center
- Establishes working relationships with external parties which supports the achievement of business goals
- Is conversant with ForgeRock’s systems and procedures and ensures effective use of and conformance to standard business practices and tools (i.e. SFDC – SalesForce.com)
- Communicate ForgeRock’s vision and align all regional team and individual goals to achieve business results
- Provides leadership and ensures development of the go-to-market team's domain knowledge and individual development
- Recruit, build and develop the team to deliver business results; identify, develop and promote high potential employees
- Recommend and/or approves people related decisions – hiring, promotions, merit increases, rewards and recognition, training initiatives etc.
- Drive performance review and development planning process with annual and quarterly review meetings
- Coach/mentor individuals and the team, identifies and executes opportunities for sales force development and enablement
- Accurately forecasts and achieves sales team targets
- Identifies and allocates appropriate resources to business requirements
- Works collaboratively to acquire additional/specialist resources as required
- Drives cross functional engagement and provides leadership to virtual teams
- Has established multi-vertical C level contacts in large Enterprise customers
- Builds relationships with customers (internal or external) as necessary – previous executive engagement and network is essential to the success of this role
- Provides customer escalation management as necessary for problem resolution
- Drives initiatives which result in improvement in customer satisfaction
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 10+ years hands-on sales management experience in sales strategy planning and execution, sales operations, business planning, and sales support management.
- BS in Business Administration required; MBA degree preferred
- Expertise in Enterprise Software, SaaS, Managed Services and strategic account management
- Results oriented with multiple years meeting or exceeding quota
- Outstanding presentation and client-facing skills
- Experience leading and driving exceptional team performance
- Experience working in a US global matrixed organization
- Great interpersonal skills to align and foster positive working relationships across the organization
- Industry/Vertical market knowledge
- Competitor knowledge
- ForgeRock technology
- Partner knowledge
- Sales best practices
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!