Sustaining | US - Austin Office
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
A successful individual within the wider IDM release sustaining team working and collaborating closely with other Global Sustaining Leads to ensure a consistent and collaborative approach to delivering high quality releases to ForgeRock customers. The Sustaining Lead will strive to introduce and maintain best practices to meet the needs of the business and of ForgeRock customers and provide coaching mentoring and support to the global Support and Sustaining team.
- Participation in planning, content, schedule, and quality of IDM sustaining and patch releases
- Collaborate with Support and Engineering to prioritise content of Sustaining and patch releases, according to customer and business requirements
- Prioritise and distribute workload across the global team in line with Customer and business requirements
- Ensure bug verification, fixes, backports are managed to the highest quality
- In collaboration with other Sustaining Leads, drive improvements in tools and processes with a focus on automation
- Manage backports in accordance with ForgeRock End of Service Life Policy (EOSL), managing and reporting on exceptions
- Direct interaction, when appropriate with ForgeRock customer escalations, helping them identify and resolve complex technical issues with ForgeRock products.
- Developing/Coding/testing resolutions to customer problems, working with IDM engineering to ensure they are integrated into the IDM products
- Participation in escalation calls to brief customer management on support cases and assist in the creation of action plans aiming to solve customer issues
- Developing customer-facing support documentation to summarize common support issues and contribute to the self-support materials available to customers.
- Provide regular feedback to development, highlighting gaps in functionality, usability issues, and general level of serviceability of the products
- Participation in the IDM engineering calls and sprint reviews to remain informed about the latest changes to the implementation
- Lead and drive discussions with support/sustaining team and interfacing groups in the organization to influence positive changes to processes, resolve issues efficiently and mentor others to meet company goals
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in an Engineering or Science Discipline
- 8 years post bachelor's degree experience in developer/support role
- Experience of direct customer mediation
- Excellent communication - both verbal and written
- Strong development experience in Java/J2EE web development.
- Proven track record of delivering quality, robust, comprehensive code solutions
- Experience leading sustaining/support internal projects
- Experience with performance analysis
- Solid understanding of Internet technologies, specifically protocols such as: HTTP, SSL/TLS, IPv4, XML
- Experience with troubleshooting and writing code for Microsoft Internet Information Services
- Strong experience working on Windows, Mac & Linux with varied skills around administration and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
- The ability to be a good listener and to be able to identify the key customer information to identify the customer's problem. Providing clear, comprehensive updates in a timely, responsive manner
- Presentation, coaching and mentoring
Highly desired skills/experience
- Understanding of SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect
- Leading Identity Management systems and a proven understanding of the fundamental concepts around account provisioning, reconciliation, and authorization
- Active Directory domain administration and PowerShell scripting
- Salesforce applications
- System Performance tuning such as JVM tuning and DB tuning
- Cloud, PaaS, SaaS technologies
- DevOps, containerization, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.